Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Rugged Reroll: add Token Action checkbox in the same place as Macrobar for abilities

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In Rugged Reroll we can now add character Ability Rolls as token actions. I'd like to see a checkbox to add abilities next to the show in macro bar button, like below. So you dont have to manually enter edit mode, and then go into the edit for each ability, which is tedious.
+1 Please
+1 Why is something like this hidden so deep? Journal-character-edit-attributes- - -4 clicks so far each ability's tiny edit button - tiny token box to check - tiny check mark to close ability - 3 more clicks EACH (on teeny tiny targets!) save changes - 1 click 8 clicks total to add ONE ability to ONE token! Woe to those who have to change dozens of journal entries, each with dozens of abilities!
Or default token abilities to be selected and then we can de-select those that aren't needed. I would guess that most of the journals are set up that you'd want most of the abilities showing. But I LOVE this feature :) :) has made me very happy.
Sam
Sheet Author
+1, this is a great feature, it just would be nice if it were a little more accessible. I'm honestly surprised this didn't come up the entire time it was in beta on the Dev server.

Edited 1387256280
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
The thinking behind this was basically that I didn't think you would need to change whether or not an ability is a token action very often. It's annoying right now because folks are going through and changing lots of already-created abilities to token actions, but in the future it makes sense that when you first create an ability, you'd probably know already if you intend it to be a token action or not, and you can check it right when you make it. So I think this is a case of usage patterns just not matching what they will be long-term since the feature just came out and everyone is change a lot of existing abilities. That said, I'm not opposed to doing this or anything, so in a week or two if this is still something people are struggling with we'll certainly look into putting it in other places. But I just want to wait on this sort of thing until we really see what the "normal" usage is going to be like, if that makes sense.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: The thinking behind this was basically that I didn't think you would need to change whether or not an ability is a token action very often. It's annoying right now because folks are going through and changing lots of already-created abilities to token actions, but in the future it makes sense that when you first create an ability, you'd probably know already if you intend it to be a token action or not, and you can check it right when you make it. So I think this is a case of usage patterns just not matching what they will be long-term since the feature just came out and everyone is change a lot of existing abilities. That said, I'm not opposed to doing this or anything, so in a week or two if this is still something people are struggling with we'll certainly look into putting it in other places. But I just want to wait on this sort of thing until we really see what the "normal" usage is going to be like, if that makes sense. I can see were you are coming from, what i would say it would make it a lot easier to tell at a glance what is and isn't a token action when looking at a list of abilities if the tick box was in both places as well as making it easyer to port over old campaigns.
I agree with Alex. A cleaner, concise list of abilities on a journal/token and whether or not they're a token action would be nice.
Alex L. said: Riley D. said: The thinking behind this was basically that I didn't think you would need to change whether or not an ability is a token action very often. It's annoying right now because folks are going through and changing lots of already-created abilities to token actions, but in the future it makes sense that when you first create an ability, you'd probably know already if you intend it to be a token action or not, and you can check it right when you make it. So I think this is a case of usage patterns just not matching what they will be long-term since the feature just came out and everyone is change a lot of existing abilities. That said, I'm not opposed to doing this or anything, so in a week or two if this is still something people are struggling with we'll certainly look into putting it in other places. But I just want to wait on this sort of thing until we really see what the "normal" usage is going to be like, if that makes sense. I can see were you are coming from, what i would say it would make it a lot easier to tell at a glance what is and isn't a token action when looking at a list of abilities if the tick box was in both places as well as making it easyer to port over old campaigns. I hadn't considered the former. A good point.
+1!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I agree with Alex, too. But also, in the past with the macro bar, when I'm creating macros for characters, I'll make a lot of macros, some temporary. I'll switch these in and out of the macro bar as I need to. With the Token Action Bar, I'll be doing the same thing, and it's going to be irrtating to open Edit mode and then click through the various buttons every time I need to do that.
I want the check boxes on the same page too, but i dont like them under the ability. I think it would be much better to have them on the side, like i suggested for the "in macro bar" checkbox in my thread <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/421557/minor-cha" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/421557/minor-cha</a>... It lets you fit so many more abilities in the same amount of screen real estate..... Pretty please??????
Pretty please???