Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Aura disappears when token is on GM layer

I'm not sure if this is working as intended, but I have a token that's hidden on the GM layer, but while it's there, the aura that I set does not show up. As soon as I move it to the token layer, it's there. (Not player visible, just DM visible in either case)
This is working as intended...I'm open to suggestions on why it should work differently, though :-)
It doesn't actually bother me, since I don't need the aura until the monster reveals itself. I just was a little confused at first because I set the aura while it was on the layer, and then nothing happened. The closest thing I could make to an argument is if I was using a hidden object with an aura to diagram a trap or something, but in those cases I just make the token bigger, so I got nothing. :)
I *can* think of many use cases for an aura on the GM layer, but I think having the full aura could be a visual clutter. Maybe just paint the border of the aura as dotted line?
Invisible monster that has an AOE/Aura would be one easy use case.
Maybe just paint the border of the aura as dotted line? I would actually love to see that as an feature on the object layer as well. :) Especially if we can change the colors of the dotted line.