Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Hex Grids using Euclidean distance diagonals use Manhattan distance diagonals instead

Hex Grids using Euclidean distance diagonals are not, in fact, using them; they are, in fact, using Manhattan distance diagonals. I don’t know how you guys let this get through testing. Steps to reproduce: Build a hex grid map (either horizontal or vertical, both fail) Set diagonals to Euclidean Measure distances, noting distances are in Manhattan distance, and not Euclidean distance What should happen: Distances measured should be Euclidean, when Euclidean diagonals have been selected. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we have Manhattan distances finally working, but that doesn’t mean Euclidean distances should STOP working. :P
Uh... why no response on this?

Edited 1387860872
Gauss
Forum Champion
Here you go: In case the image is too small to read what the hover says is "Type of forumula to use for calculating distances when using the measurement tool. Note: does not apply to Hex grids." In short, hex measurement counts the number of hexes and multiplies that by your Scale value.
Shouldn’t the feature be greyed out if it doesn’t apply to hex grids? And regardless, Euclidean distance should still be an option for hex grids; they used to be Euclidean, though they were still broken in that form.
This is still broken.

Edited 1392675387
Gauss
Forum Champion
As I explained a month ago this is not broken, it is working as designed. I checked with the Devs on this. Closing the thread now.