Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Re-Join As Player

I am fairly new to roll20. I am trying to figure out how a map will look to my players. Rather than log in from a different browser, I'm trying to use the "re-join as player" button. When I click the button, however, it re-joins me on a blank map instead of the map I was actually working on. I'm fairly sure I'm just doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what it is I'm doing incorrecty. Any insights would be welcome. Thanks!
While signed in as GM, open the "Page Toolbar" at the top of the screen. Make sure the Players Ribbon is on the map you're currently trying to view... because that's what your players will be seeing, that's also what you'll be seeing as a player. There's no way for a player to change maps on their own, it's up to the GM. It's the simple, little things like this that make learning Roll20 so tricky!
Gauss
Forum Champion
There are a couple of options for this. 1) Open the "page toolbar" and move the player ribbon to the map you want to be on when you switch to player mode. 2) Open the "page toolbar" and drag your avatar (bottom left of the screen) to the map you want to be on when you switch to player mode. When you no longer want a player to be separate from the player ribbon you can drag the image that you placed on the map over to the player ribbon and it will vanish. The red arrow is when you want to get rid of the avatar.
Oh man! So embarrassed. I have been staring at that ribbon and thinking, "What's that thing for?" Thank you guys!