Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Macro Help] Whispering a roll to the GM

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok, I thought I knew how to do this, but apparently I was wrong. How do I write a macro that the players use, for Notice let's say, that whispers the roll result to the GM. Example: Stealth roll /w gm roll ([[@{Agility}+@{Stealth}+?{Modifier|0}]])d10!10>7sd So what am I doing wrong? Tom
Use /gmroll, or whisper the entire thing as an inline roll.
Gid
Roll20 Team
The whisper isn't actually necessary. When a player uses the /gmroll command, the result is shared between the player who rolled and the GM only.

Edited 1387565907
Well the fault I can see is that the beginning needs to be /gmroll , no whispering or space needed :) The rest, dunno. (too many helpful people here, I see :) )
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok. That fixes that. But is there a way, that I can see the result but not the player? Aside from making the roll myself.

Edited 1387566857
Yes, but that would only work with the API (there is a blind roll script in there which I love and use) which is only available at Mentor level. edit: with it, the player effectively writes f.e. "!broll 1d20" without the quotes and only the GM receives the roll.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Ooooooooh! Ok. Another API only issue. Thanks guys!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Tom , with the Rugged Reroll what you could do is whisper to the GM the Ability macro you would like him to use and then the modifier if any. Then he can roll it by clicking on your token and hitting the appropriate Token Action.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Right, but that's still me rolling for them. I have a macro already that lets me roll a Notice roll for a selected token. So I have that covered. ;)