Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Translation Questions [Tales from the Loop]

Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I have recently had a request to translate the "Tales from the Loop" sheet into Swedish. I've starting adding the i18n information into the html file and it seems to be pretty straightforward. I do have a couple of questions though: Is it possible to request the translation for Swedish, or at least that Swedish be made a priority? Is there a backlog of sheets to be translated and what is the expected timeline for the translation to be done? The person requesting the translation has given me a sample sheet in Swedish, if that would be of help. The title of the sheet is an image. Is there a way that I could detect the language of the user and switch out the image for a Swedish version?

Edited 1500483960
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Translations are mostly done by a third-party service, but if someone commits a translation json for a particular language (sv.json for Swedish) to the GitHub repo, there's no need to wait. See #1 Prefix a rule in your CSS with ".charsheet.sv" (note: no space before ".sv"), and that rule will only apply to the sheet while viewed in Swedish. You can use this to swap between a Swedish-language title image and an English-language title image.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian, you are the best. Thank you so much!
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3. I think it would be .lang-sv, not .sv
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob, you may be right. I'm only posting from memory.