Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D4e] Issue with multiple attacks token action

So I have created a token action for the Wizard power "Thunderwave" and thanks to the templates in the 4e character sheet and the target_token macro, it's looking pretty decent! As it stands now the token action allows you to attack up to 4 targets, but for some reason the last two targets always get their attack roll messed up in the output. It looks like a syntax error, but I cant for the life of me find the error. I have highlighted the problem in this screenshot And here is the "code" for the token action @{target|target1|token_name} @{target|target2|token_name} @{target|target3|token_name} @{target|target4|token_name} &{template:dnd4epower} {{atwill=yes }} {{emote=**@{character_name}**: You create a whip-crack of sonic power that lashes up from the ground.}} {{name=Thunderwave }} {{class=Wizard }} {{level=Attack 1 }} {{type=At-Will ♦ }} {{keywords=Arcane, Thunder, Implement}} {{action=Standard Action ♦ }} {{range= Close blast 3}} {{target= Each creature in blast}} {{attack=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target1|fort}]])}} {{multiattack2=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target2|fort}]])}} {{multiattack3=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target3|fort}]])}} {{multiattack4=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target4|fort}]])}} {{damage=[[(1*@{power-5-weapon-num-dice})d@{power-5-weapon-dice}+@{power-5-damage}]] Damage}}{{hiteffect=1d6 + **Intelligence** modifier([[@{intelligence-mod}]]) **thunder** damage}} {{effect= you push the target a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier([[@{wisdom-mod}]]).}} {{multiattacktoggle=[[ ?{Number of Attacks 1 to 4|1} ]] }} All ideas are welcome as what the error is! Also is there a more efficient to handle multi-attack abilities?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Try adding space before and after the double square brackets used for inline rolls within the attack macros. I.e. " [[ 1d20 ]] "

Edited 1501235265
Vince said: Try adding space before and after the double square brackets used for inline rolls within the attack macros. I.e. " [[ 1d20 ]] " No effect unfortunately I have condensed the code for testing purpose and it looks like this @{target|target1|token_name} @{target|target2|token_name} @{target|target3|token_name} @{target|target4|token_name} &{template:dnd4epower} {{attack=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target1|fort}]])}} {{multiattack2=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target2|fort}]])}} {{multiattack3=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target3|fort}]])}} {{multiattack4=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target4|fort}]])}}{{multiattacktoggle=[[ ?{Number of Attacks 1 to 4|1} ]] }} which gives this output Something I noticed is that if I remove the call to the power attack modifier attribute, that is, the following part... [[@{power-5-attack}]] From the code and replace is with a flat number, like "4" the output works Here attack 3 and 4 has the flat number 4 instead of [[@{power-5-attack}]] So the curious part is why [[@{power-5-attack}]] works for attack 1 and 2, but not 3 and 4? **Update** I "solved" it by removing the double square brackets for the attack modifier So this didn't work for targets 3 and 4: {{multiattack2=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + [[@{power-5-attack}]]]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target2|fort}]])}} But this works: {{multiattack2=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack}]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target2|fort}]])}} Why and how is anyone's guess!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I seem to recall there is a limit on the number of inline rolls before they fail to process but it shouldn't affect a small number of calls as seen here? However, with that in mind, have you tried it without having @{power... as an inline roll? @{target|target1|token_name} @{target|target2|token_name} @{target|target3|token_name} @{target|target4|token_name} &{template:dnd4epower} {{attack=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[ @{target|target1|fort} ]])}} {{multiattack2=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target2|fort}]])}} {{multiattack3=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[ @{target|target3|fort} ]])}} {{multiattack4=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[ @{target|target4|fort} ]])}}{{multiattacktoggle=[[ ?{Number of Attacks 1 to 4|1} ]] }}
Ziechael said: I seem to recall there is a limit on the number of inline rolls before they fail to process but it shouldn't affect a small number of calls as seen here? That might be it, if you see my update in my pevious post, if I remove the inline rolls it works.
Ziechael said: I seem to recall there is a limit on the number of inline rolls before they fail to process but it shouldn't affect a small number of calls as seen here? However, with that in mind, have you tried it without having @{power... as an inline roll? @{target|target1|token_name} @{target|target2|token_name} @{target|target3|token_name} @{target|target4|token_name} &{template:dnd4epower} {{attack=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[ @{target|target1|fort} ]])}} {{multiattack2=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[@{target|target2|fort}]])}} {{multiattack3=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[ @{target|target3|fort} ]])}} {{multiattack4=**Intelligence**([[ 1d20 + @{power-5-attack} ]]) vs **Fortitude**([[ @{target|target4|fort} ]])}}{{multiattacktoggle=[[ ?{Number of Attacks 1 to 4|1} ]] }} That limit seems to be for the number of double brackets in a macro and I haven't done enough testing to find the exact number but it isn't many, especially when you are doing multi attack macros. The best work around is to add spaces after for each set of double brackets as you have done above. The same limit will break the 3d dice even before the macro output fails. It's a bug that has been brought up tot he devs before.