Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Help with Ability Check Macros

Ok here is an example ability check macro, which does not seem to work as it will not tell me it is a success: &{template:2Edefault}{{name= @{selected|token_name} the @{selected|class}, attempts a CHARISMA CHECK!}} /w gm @{selected|token_name} ROLLS A CHARISMA CHECK! [[ (1d20cs1cf20) < [[ (@{selected|Charisma})?{MISCELLANEOUS MODIFIER?|+0} ]] ]] SUCCESS(ES) How can if fix this up???
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Try this: &{template:2Edefault}{{name= @{selected|token_name} the @{selected|class}, attempts a CHARISMA CHECK!}} /w gm @{selected|token_name} ROLLS A CHARISMA CHECK! [[ 1d20cs1cf20<[[ (@{selected|Charisma})?{MISCELLANEOUS MODIFIER|+0} ]] ]] SUCCESS(ES)
Still does not seem to be working. Here is a screenshot, showing the result:
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you hover the [0], what do you see?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
just trying: [[ 1d20cs1cf20<[[ (@{selected|bar2})?{MISCELLANEOUS MODIFIER|+0} ]] ]] SUCCESS(ES) seems to work for me (using bar2 just for convenience) : I would guess there is an issue with the @{selected|Charisma}.
Ok, when hovering over the [0], I get this result: Rolling 1d20cs1cf20<13=               (17)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you try it a few more times, do you get a value of 13 or less that shows a success?
Ok, I think it is working now! I will try it with the rest.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool!  Happy Rolling!