Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Easy Experience - Minor Problem

The script is tracking experience correctly but I keep getting the following message... I've double checked that all characters and the threshhold npc sheet are at level 1 and still get this message. I'm assuming that it will not notify my players when they level up because it already thinks they are level 20? I am using the current version of the 5e Shaped character sheets if that helps. Thanks for all of your hard work on these API scripts, btw.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gah, I keep thinking I've fixed this. This appears to be an issue with the interaction between the script and the shaped sheet (occasionally with the OGL sheet as well). It typically resolves itself after a while. I'll give a true fix for it another go in a bit. Thank you for the report Nyn. Can you check the xp attribute on your sheet (in your attributes & abilities tab) to see if there is a max value in for the experience on those characters?
There is only the previously awarded xp in the xp attribute, not the max value.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, try entering something in the max value, and then try it again.
Putting the max value for level 20 (355000) in the xp max value attribute seems to have fixed this problem.  The only character I get the level 20 error with now is the experiencethresholds character. Thanks so much Scott C.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
np, it shouldn't be trying to level the experience thresholds character. Do you have that character set to take a piece of XP somehow?
not that I can see, its not one of the active characters
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm,ok,weird,I'll have to figure that out. Do you have someone controlling the EasyExperience char?
Was this issue resolved? I just got the same level 20 error.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The actual error has not been fixed yet. The workaround is to manually enter a max xp value in your attributes/abilities tab. This should trigger the script to properly fill out that field.
Scott C. said: Hmm,ok,weird,I'll have to figure that out. Do you have someone controlling the EasyExperience char? I do not, and the entering the max xp value to the attribute tab does work.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm,ok, I'll add tracking that down to my list