Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder sheet Buffs still not working as intended after patch

Whatever was done with the most recent patch on the Pathfinder sheet, it did not adequately address the problem of Buffs failing to modify attacks properly. Even after repeated use of the 'Recalculate' button, changes were sporadic when they happened at all. For instance, with a Buff that added 4 to Strength, out of 6 attempts it only modified the "to hit" field of Attacks once, and never modified the damage field at all. As stated, this was after using Recalculate both before and after switching the Buff on and off. If it is relevant, I was NOT using the 'bonus stacking and buffs' option in Setup.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Is this happening on only one character or is everyone in your game experiencing this?  Can you import your character using the Character Vault feature to the Pathfinder  beta site so we might have a look?  Thanks
I can't speak for anyone else, I was just now running some tests on my own. I noticed that if a Buff is set up to directly add 'to hit' or 'damage' modifiers in the Buff itself, that seemed to be ok. The issue arises when the Buff is set up to modify an attribute, which in turn should be modifying attack rolls. I have imported the character I was having trouble with into the Pathfinder Sheet v1.6x Beta site; the character name is Whiteshadow. The buffs were set up to represent Attribute and other modifiers that result from using Wild Shape---so bonuses/penalties to Strength and Dex, Natural armor, and CMB/CMD (to account for the Powerful Wild Shape feat). I would be using the buffs in tandem with Size changes on the Core page of the sheet.

Edited 1502414149
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
we will look. When i go to the old buffs on a random character they seem to work (add STR , it updates melee and CMB  attack in the top grid, and also updates the attack rows in the list.) edit: except the dmg on the attack row not updating, and the recalc seems to be forcing new buffs resulting in the buffs clearing
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Have a go with your imported character Shard.  I think Chris's changes have your issues.
Are the changes in the Pathfinder sheet or in the character sheet? I cannot access my character at the Beta site so I opened it back up on the Roll20 game where it was stored, and I see no real difference in the behavior of the Buffs. It seemed to be modifying the attack rolls correctly, but still doesn't change the damage at all.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In your local campaign, until the fix goes in Tuesday you'll have to add a +dmg buff 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Shard said: Are the changes in the Pathfinder sheet or in the character sheet? I cannot access my character at the Beta site so I opened it back up on the Roll20 game where it was stored, and I see no real difference in the behavior of the Buffs. It seemed to be modifying the attack rolls correctly, but still doesn't change the damage at all. When you first import your character to a game, you do not have permission to control/edit it until the gm assigns permissions.  I assigned permission last night.  Go back into the beta game, which is now running our latest code, and test your character.  Thanks
Just now checked--still cannot get into my character sheet in Beta.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
My bad Shard.  I must have only enbled player view and not edit.  Should be accessible now.  Apologies.
Ok, yes, seems to be applying the bonuses correctly now, thanks a bunch. It does require hitting Recalc each time (and sometimes it has to sit there spinning for a bit while it thinks about it) but at least it is working. Thanks again! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything translates properly when the Tuesday patch kicks in.

Edited 1502472426
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
hmm It shouldn't require a Recalc each time you enable/disable a buff.  We'll investigate further.

Edited 1502493017
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure Shard.  It seems to work for me.  If I toggle one of the character's buffs, each repeating attack's, total attack and damage adjusts as expected.  No recalc needed...  
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
attack updates are very slow, the slowest part of the sheet. I have sometimes thought it was not working. after clicking on one buff you have to wait a few seconds before turning on another, cause buffs have to look through the whole sheet to see what has to be updated. Speeding up the attacks is on our list