Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Set a bounding box for tokens

As most GMs using top-down or "miniature" tokens probably know, roll20.net snaps to grid from the upper left corner of the token's extremes. This is a problem when a token is not optimal in the form. For example, if I want to have a spear-wielding token appear at a realistic size, I need to resize it to be a lot bigger than the other tokens. Now if I'm also using a grid (which is extremely handy for distances and pathing) the snapping doesn't really work and I need to use ALT-moving and resizing to properly move the token. So what I am asking for, is a way to define a token's bounding box, much like maptool allows you to. You can resize and move the token in the properties window to sit snugly in the bounding box, and the grid snaps to that box instead of the token extremes. Not a critical request, I know, but something that would speed working with less-than-optimal tokens immensely. Thanks for reading!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That would be a great feature. I've been caught out by roll20 resizing my tokens when I want them a shape like (2x1 grid squares). Simply setting dimensions in grid squares would work for me, with default being 1x1.
A way to be able to have weird shaped tokens without using alt all the time would be usefull. +1
I like this idea!
Being able to set a bounding box would be very useful.+1
+1
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
+1