Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Carrying script for mounts

Hi!  I want to use the Carry script v2 ( showing here ) for mounts for my characters.  The idea would be to select the character's token, then the mount, and then have the character be carrying the mount.  When he wants to dismount, he selects the character token, then drops all.  However, the way that this script plays with the z-order is messing this up.  The bottom-most token on the stack becomes the carrier when the !carry command is given, then it's pushed to the top of the stack.  What I'd like is for the top-most token to be named the carrier.  And/or I would like an option for a certain token to name the token it wants to carry, automatically pushing the carrier token to the top.  That way the player only has to select a token and run the command !carry --[token-name], or some similar command (which I would hard-code into a token action), and voila! he's riding his horse! Could someone help me out with this?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wow, that's a script I haven't worked on in a long time. I suppose I could try to find time soon to revive it, modernize it with those new features, and get it pushed up to the Roll20 repo.
Yes, I'm a little behind the curve on this one, but I've never had players with mounts before, and it's coming up frequently in combat.  It would be nice to be able to just move their character token and that could control the mount as well.  That's what I'm ultimately trying to do with this.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I got the updated version of the script done. It's waiting to be merged in the Roll20 repo, but you can get it early by copy-pasting it from here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Cazra/roll20-api-scripts/blob/c" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Cazra/roll20-api-scripts/blob/c</a>...
Is there some documentation, because it doesn't seem to use the same !carry command.?
Ok, I found the Carry Tokens Menu macro, and hit it, but the chat gives me the following error: Ok, this is just a process, I guess - I installed HTML builder from the one-click, so now it seems to be working.&nbsp; Can players access this themselves?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, players can access this themselves. When it gets merged into the One-Click system it will have an option for you to set whether players can use it or if it's GM only.