Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hide roll calculations from other players

Is there anyway to hide the roll calculations for one character from other players? The problem I am having is that some players hover over the rolled numbers from other players rolls and decode the ability scores, benefits of the players.  While it is not the end of the world it is a bit of an issue because player (x) now knows all of player (y's) ability scores and powers.  We are using the Roll20 OGL 5e sheet..  I know I can have the rolls whispered to GM but that is not what I really want, I just don't want one player to see another player's calculations for the roll.  Thanks Robert
Not easily. You could recreate EVERY roll from the character sheet into a macro and put [[]] around the rolls though.
However, what you should be doing is talking to the player about not doing this and maybe about player expectations if you find this to be unacceptable behavior
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
In your own manual rolls, you could double next the inline rolls: [[ [[1d20 + 3 [secret number] ]] ]] In the character sheet, you'd have to modify the Roll Template to double nest any calculations.  It would be a non-trivial operation and you'd have to do it again any time there was an update to the character sheet that you wanted.
Why does it matter if players know each others characters scores? 
Sky said: Why does it matter if players know each others characters scores?  It depends on the games.  Perhaps it is a large scale campaign that has PvP elements to it.  Or perhaps the game's house rules state that there is TOTAL character separation and no player can know anything about any other player beyond what is in the roleplay (as opposed to roll-play).  There are a variety of reasons. But I wonder if there would be a way to override the css for the to get rid of the mouseover?  Didn't I read in other post somewhere that the quantum roll mouseover was done with partially with CSS?
Toby said: Sky said: Why does it matter if players know each others characters scores?  It depends on the games.  Perhaps it is a large scale campaign that has PvP elements to it.  Or perhaps the game's house rules state that there is TOTAL character separation and no player can know anything about any other player beyond what is in the roleplay (as opposed to roll-play).  There are a variety of reasons. But I wonder if there would be a way to override the css for the to get rid of the mouseover?  Didn't I read in other post somewhere that the quantum roll mouseover was done with partially with CSS? yeah, as I stated it is not really an end of the world issue. I would like to take some of the meta-gaming math out of it. Call it my style. Sometimes characters might have curses or pluses that I just don't think everyone should know about. Thanks for all the feedback.  
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Toby said: But I wonder if there would be a way to override the css for the to get rid of the mouseover?  Didn't I read in other post somewhere that the quantum roll mouseover was done with partially with CSS? That would require each player to install something like Stylish to modify the VTT's CSS.