Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros Not Working In Bar

Edited 1506180976
Hello, I am preparing a Dresden Files Accelerated game, and I was setting up these macros found here. On the GM macros listed, the macros work when I select Test Macro in their edit window. However, when I select a token and the In Bar button, only the Macro Title appears in chat. This occurs only on the Fate Point Granted, Fate Point Taken, and NPC Action. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the Macro itself. Perhaps something I am not doing or set up incorrectly? Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? The tokens are linked to character sheets and a player. Thank you in advance.

Edited 1506190147
It looks like the code provided on that page isn't complete (at least it didn't C&P a complete macro for me). Try adding "n [[1d1 &{tracker:-}]]" to the end of the code. (Presuming it is to subtract one from the turn tracker). Total macro below: &{template:default} {{name=FATE POINT TAKEN}}{{character=@{selected|token_name}}}{{Because=?{Because...}}} {{Fate=Point Taken [[1d1 &{tracker:-}]] Also, presuming it is setup as shown below? (Ignore macro name as it's incorrect)
I copied and pasted your code, but I have the same outcome. When testing the macro from the Edit Macro window, it works. However, when selecting the buttons in the bar, only the title text is showing in Chat.
Check that you don't have a leading space in there somewhere; [Test Macro] seems to strip them out (and work) whereas stuff called from the macro bar doesn't (and so just prints the literal #text).
I checked for spaces in the macro itself, but the problem persisted. I did notice a space in the Title of the macro and removed them. The buttons work like a charm. Thank you!