Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(LFGM and LFP) 40k Rogue Trader, Saturday 8 or 830 pm CST

Long story short I'm looking to get into a Rogue Trader game. I haven't been able to experience all the fun that comes with Rogue Trader which is absent from the others. Namely, ship combat, working with and playing xenos, and generally not being "straight up, ate up" with the Imperium views on things. That being said, here is what I am looking for in a game: Players: Cool with solo considering what I am looking for (see requests below), but would prefer 3 or maybe 4 players. Day and Time: Saturdays around 8 or 830 pm CST and going for 3-4 hours. Weekly would be preferred but biweekly works as well. Plot: Don't actually have too much in mind for this. The chance to explore the alien and unknown would be nice. If someone is willing to advance the story line of the setting, following the newer books or not, I would be excited. Really, I don't have too much thought into a plot, just want to finally get to use some of the cool facets of Rogue Trader. I'm not a huge stickler about canon, if you want to change some stuff let's do it. Some of my requests below might even go directly against what the setting has established, but hey, this is our game. Special Requests: This is where I've got a few things I'd like to throw out there. Like I mentioned, I haven't had many chances to experience all that RT brings to the table so to fix that here's what I'm hoping to find. -Since I'd like to play either solo or in a really small group, I would like to have multiple characters on a roster per player. During actual missions, only two per player would be active with the rest being on the ship. If there are less people or it ends up being solo, then more would be active. At the end of the day the 40k systems are deadly so more characters we can bring the higher the chances we live. This also lets us try unique concepts without being stuck with something that doesn't work for us as players or the group of characters. -Each player gets to command a ship. Don't care if it's only one person who plays the actual Rogue Trader but lets each players' characters command their own ship, or if everyone has a RT who are all minor people in a larger dynasty and are working together. Either way, there are so many cool and varying builds with the ships that never seem to get explored. Typically in games I've been in, everyone has a different idea for what the ship would do and it ends up with most people being dissatisfied. Plus, I would like to see good sized fleet battles where we need to work together based on our unique builds to survive. -Starting somewhere between rank 4 and rank 5. -Want to see official xenos material being allowed, at the least. Haven't had the chance to use my Tau book yet... There are also some cool fan made supplements that add Eldar, Tyranid (A particular genestealer strain), and Necron characters. If those were allowed I'd be ever so thankful. If those last three would be allowed I wouldn't expect them to be recruited without some sort of story around actually getting them. I know it seems like a lot of requests and I hope it doesn't scare people away. If anyone is willing to run this, or wants to join in, please drop a line here, ask for clarification, or PM me with other questions or comments. Thank you all for your time. -Aaron
Surely there is an ambitious GM out there who wants to lead some action-packed swashbuckling adventures in the bleak future! Any other players interested as well?
I' d definitely be down to be involved as a player. As someone who GMs FFG 40k pretty regularly, Rogue Trader is something of a beast to run. There's a reason you see a lot more DH2 / DW advertised :p
I'd be a player.  Already GMing 3 games (all different systems) no room for another sorry.  Don't have anything outside of core content.