Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting Colors

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see some variant colors for shade in Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War. I'm building a session where the party treks through 4 kilometers of unnatural fog, and it would do a lot for the presentation if my Dynamic Lighting could fade to white instead of black.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've been pondering this as well as something I could use. The Fade color, and light color itself would be a nice touch..
+1. I find myself unreasonably pleased at the thought of having a color picker for each light source, and maybe another to control the lighting on a whole page...... "as our adventurers enter the room, they see an unnatural red light coming from an object on the far side..." <evil laugh>
Just to clarify, I do not mean the lighting color. If you want to change lighting color, create a visible aura that matches the dimensions of the light fade. What I want is for the darkness to be, say, white for fog, or blue for water, or green for forest. When it's dark and you look too far out, all you see is black. But if you're in a volcano and you look too far out, you should see just a sheet of gray, no?
Ok, I misunderstood. I hadn't thought about the aura trick, but I will have to use it. I do agree that having different colors of darkness for fog, forest, night, etc, would be pretty neat. So still +1.
Yeah, hopefully we can just get a GM option that gives us a DL Color Pallette.
I've got a +1 for this too - My players are currently in a deep bank of fog, and will be there for a while - I'd love the ability to have vision fade to white instead of black. Alternatively, just a colour picker for the fade to suit all occasions.
I, too, would like to be able to set lighting in various colors - auras seem like a clunky work around to me.
Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
+1. I've wanted this since DL came out.
Ooooh nice idea. I am starting Legacy of the Crystal Shard for my group and thought how cool it would be to have white out during the snow storms using the dynamic lighting to handle the reveal during encounters. If we could use a repeating texture that would be cool too.. more of a blizzard texture in my above example. Fog could be irregular and, well, foggy..