Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Line of Sight Glitch

When I have a particularly large room built and set up dynamic lighting, I seem to have consistent glitches in player view. This is an image of the map with GM View: Green boxes (and the black dividing lines on the walls) indicate obstructions to dynamic lighting. The stretchy fireball graphics are invisible light sources. Note that because of the black lines and green boxes, the highlighted character at top-right should in no way be able to see the invisible light, much less the far left side of the room. And here's what it looks like if we join the game as the highlighted character: Basically I'm pretty much baffled as to why I see the little Ponyta on the left side of the screen through the scattered light.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thank you for reporting this, this is a recently discovered issue and has been reported to the Devs. I will add this thread to the bug report.
This should now be fixed. Thanks!
I loaded my players in the same dungeon; no glitch! Thanks a bunch!
Today I built my largest map to date and discovered that the black lines that extend from drawings on the dynamic lighting layer appear to have a maximum length. From what I see, the problem was fixed on a smaller scale, but it occurs proportionately on larger maps. Inappropriate patches of light exist with Command+L and Player View; they extend indefinitely with standard GM View.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Robert , please supply a screenshot and settings for testing. :)
What do you mean by "settings"? Which ones? For the record, the following image is over 100 units wide. But there is a disproportionately large spectrum of vision given that there is a giant roof in the way of the statue that gives off light from the northeast. Also, it's small, but if you look in the southeast corner, you can see the exact ending of one of the shadows from the dock, which you can see in its entirety.