Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The old Margreve

Edited 1507567138
Good morning everyone, I'm posting today to gauge interest in a game I'm thinking of running as a GM.  System would be Pathfinder and the setting would be The Old Margreve.  I'd be looking for 4-6 players starting at level 1.  Most Pathfinder material would be allowed but I discourage power gaming/building as all that does is create more work for me as I need to rewrite all encounters to create balance which increases the risk of TPK's.  The campaign would begin in Zobeck.  I'm looking at running the game every second Sunday night from 8pm - 12am EST; this time is non negotiable. About me:  My name is Dan and I'm an active GM, currently running Reign of Winter (on the second book) for a group of 6 that meet at my house every second week.  Before that I GM'd a bit of GURPS, played and GM'd several PFS scenarios and just finished Carrion Crown as a player.  Many years before that, I GM'd Beyond the Supernatural and GM'd and played D&D first edition, AD&D 1st and 2nd editions.  I've never GM'd on roll20 before (so this will be a learning opportunity for me); although I do use it for some of its features in my RoW game as I use an LCD table that I built to display my maps.  I love technology and will try to incorporate it as much as possible in my games.  Having said that, my games will be voice only and I haven't decided on if I will use discord or skype yet.  I suppose I will use whatever the majority of my players use.  I also use Hero Lab and Realm Works.  Big plus if you use Hero Lab but definitely not a requirement. As a GM I try to incorporate an equal mix of RP, combat, problem solving and exploration into my games. As a player I expect you to be committed to attend as many sessions as possible and when playing, to be engaged and focused.  I don't believe in pay to play but that doesn't mean I don't value my time and yours.   I promise I won't waste your time as long as you don't waste mine.  I don't mind the odd joke here and there but I will never tolerate jokes at the expense of other players.  Also, I don't like meta gaming; if I find there is a lot of meta gaming, I will invoke my right as a GM to use any and all material at my disposal to stump you.  If you know what to expect then I don't feel like I'm doing my job and the big draw to the old Margreve is the mystery that surrounds that setting. So, no mystery, no fun. Anyway, again, I'm here to gauging interest!  If you feel like you would enjoy my game and are available at the time listed above, respond to this posting telling me about you and what kind of PC you'd like to play.  Please don't be concerned with what other players are playing; I love randomness and I hate the stereotypical fighter/thief/mage/cleric groups; it makes adventuring more interesting if you don't have all bases covered imho.  Experience is not necessary but your willingness to learn is. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to respond; I'm also happy to help out with fleshing out any character ideas you may have.   
Going to bump this and give it another shot..
I think this sounds interesting, but I'm not familiar with Pathfinder. From a quick google it's fantasy? What is the theme/concept of Margreve? Maybe you have a good link to give me or can tell me a bit more so I can get an idea if this is for me? Timewise I'm in Sweden I believe it is +2 gmt, but on the 29th of october we enter wintertime so then it's +1 gmt. That means you are behind me 6-7 hours? I'm quite flexible, are currently studying online and have no kids. But I want to keep my sleepingschedule somewhat normal since I'm getting a roommate in January.

Edited 1507827821
Hi Isa,&nbsp; The Old Margreve is an area within the Midgard setting using the Pathfinder rule set.&nbsp; I would be running the adventures found in the Tales of the Old Margreve. <a href="http://paizo.com/products/btpy8hp6?Tales-of-the-Ol" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/products/btpy8hp6?Tales-of-the-Ol</a>... Below is the link to more information around the Midgard setting. <a href="https://koboldpress.com/midgard/" rel="nofollow">https://koboldpress.com/midgard/</a> The Old Margreve Forest is an ancient place, already old when most of the gods were young. In time immemorial, it cradled the great spirits of nature, and its loam felt the footfalls of the old ones. As millennia passed, its roots swallowed rivers, its canopy stole the sun from vast tracts of land, and its groves crested mountains that have since weathered to hills.&nbsp; In all that time, the Margreve has changed little. Time seems to transpire around it, lapping at its edges like the sea around an island. Though kingdoms rise and fall beyond its borders, the Margreve remains a world apart—a place where memories and old magic linger in the rings of trees and where new ideas never quite take root. Very little is known about the Margreve’s interior. There is simply something wrong with the place, something that unsettles the nerves, plays upon fears, and discourages exploration. Too many stories of danger exit the wood and too many travelers do not. The few pathfinders who dare the Margreve’s deep trails return with strange scars, stranger stories, and too few prizes to warrant either. From the outside, the Margreve looks like any Old World forest. In some places, dark, tangled, and foreboding. In other places, sun dappled and open, like an evergreen palace of towering tree pillars, ivy carpet, and wind-rustled canopy. But there is something more to it.&nbsp; Something hiding behind the wind and the leaves and the trees. Something living and vigilant. A presence that none who stand dwarfed amongst the trees can deny.
I'll pm you because I keep losing the thread. Also maybe you could read the post I posted just now, and see if you think I'm compatible with your game?&nbsp;