Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Complete Set of Sample Images to Make Your "Dungeon Ready" (Random Dungeon Generator and Dynamic Lighting for Walls and Doors with Editing UI)

I just bought the pack  Dungeon Ready and inserted the  API . I go to run it following the instructions of " Type !dungeonready in the chat window ". Unfortunately, I get the following error in the API Console.   TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined at fixNewObject (apiscript.js:1585:47) at handoutMaker (apiscript.js:1577:9) at createHandOuts (apiscript.js:1548:13) at setupDungeonGenerator (apiscript.js:1246:13) at handleInput (apiscript.js:334:35) at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :65:16) at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1510:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) This looks to be an amazing dungeon generator as was the Old School Dungeon Generator but can't get the macros to appear and so on. I can hand create the macros and rollable tables if needed but don't know what the macros should be. Any help from our API gurus would be much appreciated.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Try this version of the script:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce</a>...
Seems to be working so far. Will let you know if there are any changes to that.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cheers!
Of course, the moment I change all the images to the downloaded version... I once again get the annoying&nbsp; "ERROR: Please use the 'thumb' size for imgsrc properties." What am I doing wrong? I did the original setup and created a map without an issue using the watermarked images but downloaded images are not working.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, I can fix that too, just a sec... Try this revision:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce</a>...
now just a matter of combining them to make one master generator :D just wish all that thumbnail work didnt need to be done dame api limiation on img src...
amen on that Lord Mage
Found a new error when you Click "Add Map Feature" Macro then use the " -&gt;| " Macro. It drops in a door when you click Add Map Feature. TypeError: Cannot read property 'tileHeight' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'tileHeight' of undefined at chooseTile (apiscript.js:609:48) at handleInput (apiscript.js:408:17) at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :65:16) at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1510:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, give this revision a try:&nbsp;<a href="https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce69a42ae98a02d" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce69a42ae98a02d</a>
What is the command to create the Dynamic Lighting? If it is Add Dynamic Lighting Walls, it isn't working...&nbsp; I can manually create them but if they are supposed to be auto-generated, it would be nice.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm. I’ll have to take a look...
Have you had a chance to figure out the Dynamic Lighting? If not, I will go about adding that manually until an answer is found.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I've not had a chance yet, it's been a busy weekend...&nbsp; I'll see if I can take a look in the morning.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. I'm trying this out and it seems to be working fine to me?
I tried the dynamic lighting, but couple of issues/questions: 1) Is the dynamic lighting for the doors meant to change from teal to green (or another colour)?&nbsp; 2) When I try and switch the door segment of the dynamic lighting to gm layer, the entire maps dynamic lighting goes to gm layer (kinda defeating the purpose of it), is this meant to happen? As usual, thanks for all the help Aaron, love your work!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. So if you're following the original instructions from&nbsp; here you end up with doors on the Object layer and Green DL lines for them on the Walls layer.&nbsp; You'd then move them to the GM layer by shifting to the Walls layer and selecting them, etc. You have to drag-select them to get a hold of them.&nbsp; You'll also not be able to easily move them back to the Walls layer, so deleting them might be easier (then just manually draw them again if you need to close the door) This script was written before the API could remove objects, so it has some warts. =D
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, didn't help that someone recommended this book to me either: Javascript: Warts and All Book by Douglas Crockford Older script and access to image URL has not going easier with the platform interface. What I should do is write a script for retrieving image URLs (or maybe someone has already) and then update all of these scripts.
Ok this is strange. The dynamic lighting auto generates when you use the watermarked image. However, soon as you upload your own files, and replace the images, the dynamic lighting does not get generated. Did you want an invite Aaron? PS: Amazing script btw Stephen. I instantly bought the tiles soon as I saw your script. The amount of time I will be saving from just the dynamic lighting alone is insane.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sure, PM it over. =D
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Gist updated with fixes:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/b245bf33d63dd028dce</a>...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephen S. said: Yeah, didn't help that someone recommended this book to me either: Javascript: Warts and All Book by Douglas Crockford Older script and access to image URL has not going easier with the platform interface. What I should do is write a script for retrieving image URLs (or maybe someone has already) and then update all of these scripts. We've all been patiently waiting for your return and next big reveal Stephen...
That was exactly what I was talking about. You fixed it and now DungeonReady is able to be quickly used in my games. That is so awesome.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great!
question about this API why does it have roll 20 plastered everywhere?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's been a while... but I believe you have to edit/substitute the script's watermarked image url's with the one's from your own library.&nbsp;&nbsp;
how would i go about doing this
Mike J. said: how would i go about doing this You need to follow the instructions listed in the instruction manual which is to download all the images to your library and copy them to the rollable table.
Is there a way to upload multiple images to items on a rollable table? Or is this about to be a day long job for me to get rid of these dumb watermarks. &gt;.&gt;
Haksanlulz said: Is there a way to upload multiple images to items on a rollable table? Or is this about to be a day long job for me to get rid of these dumb watermarks. &gt;.&gt; Unfortunately a day-long job