Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Character Sheets] [BUG] Attempting to add "}" as additional content to an element via :after or :before has .charsheet appended to it

Edited 1508724502
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is something that just started happening recently. I use HTML/CSS like the below to add a graphical indication of buffs/debuffs on the Starfinder HUD sheet and of crits/fumbles in the roll templates. Recently however, my debuff/fail notation has gained additional characters; inspection of the element shows that ".charsheet" has been appended to the "}" that represents a down arrow in the pictos font. This is not included in the code as you can see below. Is there a reason that this change was made to the parsing of the html/css? HTML &lt;rolltemplate class="sheet-rolltemplate-sf_generic"&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;!-- &lt;div class='header-placeholder'&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{title}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; --&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;span class='generic-header'&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{title}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/span&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;div class='generic-body'&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{#r1}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;div class='highlighted split r1name'&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{#r1name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{r1name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{/r1name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{^r1name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;span data-i18n='check'&gt;CHECK&lt;/span&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{/r1name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;div class='highlighted split roll'&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{r1}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{/r1}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{#notes}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;div class='highlighted across notes-row'&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;span class='notes' data-i18n='notes:'&gt;NOTES&lt;/span&gt;{{notes}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{/notes}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;div class='generic-footer'&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{#characterid}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{#name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [{{name}}](<a href="https://journal.roll20.net/character/{{characterid}}" rel="nofollow">https://journal.roll20.net/character/{{characterid}}</a>&lt;&gt;) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{/name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{/characterid}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{^characterid}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{name}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {{/characterid}} &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/div&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;/rolltemplate&gt; CSS .sheet-rolltemplate-sf_generic .inlinerollresult.fullcrit:after, .sheet-rolltemplate-sf_attack .inlinerollresult.fullcrit:after, .sheet-rolltemplate-sf_spell .inlinerollresult.fullcrit:after{ &nbsp; &nbsp; font-family:Pictos; &nbsp; &nbsp; content:'{'; } .sheet-rolltemplate-sf_generic .inlinerollresult.fullfail:before, .sheet-rolltemplate-sf_attack .inlinerollresult.fullfail:before, .sheet-rolltemplate-sf_spell .inlinerollresult.fullfail:before{ &nbsp; &nbsp; font-family:Pictos; &nbsp; &nbsp; content:'}'; } And what it looks like Also, somewhat related to this, it appears that all parts of a roll template declaration must be made using double quotes as opposed to the single quotes that are allowed for the rest of the sheet. Is there a reason for this?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Just checking to see if a dev had looked at this?
Hi Scott, I apologize for missing this. I have submitted a bug ticket for us to discuss. Thank you!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Drespar, from what I can see looking from the outside in, it looks like a change was made to your regex that adds .charsheet to all css declarations so that it gets added after the closing curly brace instead of before the declaration.