Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeon World Official Sheet

Hey there everyone! With the upcoming Fog & Function update comes the Dungeon World character sheet and compendium, and it's now live!  Please try out the sheet, and post your feedback here. A lot of the sheet's advanced features rely on the Dungeon World Compendium; we will be making that available soon on dev as well, so keep an eye out! I'll update this post when that happens. Dungeon World Features Fully styled to closely mimic the Official Dungeon World Play Sheets Full Compendium integration, including: Playbook (Class) Drops, which populate basic moves and / or class moves Individual Basic Moves, Class Moves, and Advanced moves. Spells Equipment, weapons, etc. Damage & Defense modifiers for equipped weapons and armor Manual Modifiers, for those miscellaneous boons and banes that a Move or anything else might give you An NPC mode, which mimics the layout of Dungeon World monsters Miscellaneous Settings and Customization Options How Does it Work? You can set your Look, Alignment, and Statistics based on the basic rules of Dungeon World in the fields provided. Clicking the modifier for a stat will roll that stat by itself. If you have a relevant debility for a statistic, check its named box to enable it. This will affect the statistic across the sheet, so in moves as well. Bonds, Moves, Spells, and Equipment all have expansion togglers to the right of their header. All but the former also use the header (The name of the Move, Spell, or Equipment) as a roll button to output the relevant roll or data to chat. For this to work properly, you must at least have the name of the Move, Spell, or Equipment filled in. Drag a Class from the Compendium to your "Class" field on the character sheet, and it will populate the starting moves for your class, as well as some other basic information, like your class damage. Settings You can choose to add all moves, only class moves, or no moves at all when you drop a Class into the Class field. You can change the size of the gear/spell columns by selecting their priority. When you add a new Move, Spell, or Item to its respective section, you can drag from the Compendium to a blank (or filled!) entry to fully populate it. Preview:
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks again Jeff, looking good. Are there any plans to add the SRD monsters (goblins etc) to the compendium? That would be awesome. Just a testing note - it seems that the translation file might be missing something; roll templates show the text "[move-effect]" in bright red in the left-hand column.

Edited 1506486834
Howdy! I really like what y'all did on these sheets, they feel a lot more beefy than the old ones. Haven't had a game with them yet, but I've been spending an hour or 2 remaking my players sheets to the new ones, so I'd at least understand better on how to use them. This is what I've surmised from that: Bug: Expanding on Bonds/adding more Bonds shifts its column down, but it also shifts the second ability stat row down (INT, WIS, CHA). This means that like with 3 bonds, it moves those stats underneath the Moves section below it. Not intended behavior, probably that element is grouped or something with bonds, not sure. Nitpicks/Feedback: - The quality of life stuff from the original sheet being gone is a little rough. The XP doesn't figure out the total needed for a level up anymore. - Hit Points / Load don't auto populate anymore in-accordance to your stat/mods. - Coin field doesn't really like numbers that are 3 digits. - Perhaps have a visual indication of the spells that are prepared, so that you don't have to open them to check. Or perhaps a way to group things (moves, equipment, spells) in categories or a header showing them. Other than those little things, the new sheets are really awesome. I see myself using the new one over the old one from here on. The Compendium addition and the fact it lets you drag/drop and lets them be clickable on the sheets to show in the chat is FANTASTIC . That bug getting fixed and some of the fields auto-populating would be nice though. Anyways, thanks yall, good work!!!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kenny said: In the newly released official Dungeon World character sheets, the Armor displays as "0," even after adding armor from the Compendium to gear. Clicking on "Armor" on the character sheet causes the correct Armor value to display in the chat, but on the actual character sheet itself, it still lists as "0." I've tried refreshing, and I've tried changing the Armor values in the Attributes tab. Neither of these work. Thanks for any help!

Edited 1506532919
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Tim said: Thanks again Jeff, looking good. Are there any plans to add the SRD monsters (goblins etc) to the compendium? That would be awesome. Just a testing note - it seems that the translation file might be missing something; roll templates show the text "[move-effect]" in bright red in the left-hand column. There were some issues with translation keys during our big sheets update, and this last key got overlooked in the final pass; will be fixing that shortly (along with any other keys that may have been missed)!  As for SRD monsters--Yes, they'll be added, likely sometime next week, and will fully drop and into the NPC section. Derek P. said: Howdy! I really like what y'all did on these sheets, they feel a lot more beefy than the old ones. Haven't had a game with them yet, but I've been spending an hour or 2 remaking my players sheets to the new ones, so I'd at least understand better on how to use them. This is what I've surmised from that: Bug: Expanding on Bonds/adding more Bonds shifts its column down, but it also shifts the second ability stat row down (INT, WIS, CHA). This means that like with 3 bonds, it moves those stats underneath the Moves section below it. Not intended behavior, probably that element is grouped or something with bonds, not sure. Nitpicks/Feedback: - The quality of life stuff from the original sheet being gone is a little rough. The XP doesn't figure out the total needed for a level up anymore. - Hit Points / Load don't auto populate anymore in-accordance to your stat/mods. - Coin field doesn't really like numbers that are 3 digits. - Perhaps have a visual indication of the spells that are prepared, so that you don't have to open them to check. Or perhaps a way to group things (moves, equipment, spells) in categories or a header showing them. Other than those little things, the new sheets are really awesome. I see myself using the new one over the old one from here on. The Compendium addition and the fact it lets you drag/drop and lets them be clickable on the sheets to show in the chat is FANTASTIC . That bug getting fixed and some of the fields auto-populating would be nice though. Anyways, thanks yall, good work!!! Expansion w/ bonds bug: Definitely a bug!  Didn't catch this, as it seems to happen mainly on firefox / non-WebKit browsers.  The fix is already in the pipeline. I'm not too familiar with the previous community sheet (this one was made from scratch), so I feel any frustration if there were features there no longer present here.  I will look into how those functionalities worked on that sheet and see if I can get a good workflow for some automation in those areas.  My intention for leaving those user-editable is that, due to the high level of customization in Dungeon World, it's the easiest way to let players homebrew all sorts of different things.  If I can come up with a good compromise (a settings-page override, for example) I will look to getting that implemented. Fix is in the pipeline for widening that coin field.  Spend that coin! Sheesh. :) Something that's definitely in the plans for a next version is filters/categories for the three main repeating sections.  Not all the data I want is there yet, though.  In the meantime, I am already looking at putting a very basic snippet of info for both gear and spells in the header of each item. Ziechael said: Kenny said: In the newly released official Dungeon World character sheets, the Armor displays as "0," even after adding armor from the Compendium to gear. Clicking on "Armor" on the character sheet causes the correct Armor value to display in the chat, but on the actual character sheet itself, it still lists as "0." I've tried refreshing, and I've tried changing the Armor values in the Attributes tab. Neither of these work. Thanks for any help! Hi Kenny, have you selected "Equipped" for the Armor?  It won't modify your armor value unless you have that button activated.  It's off by default, so that you can be holding armor in your pack without necessarily wearing it.  From there it will use the highest value of equipped armor you have (plus any equipped +armors, like shields). Thanks everyone for the feedback, and I'm glad you like the sheet!  Be sure to check out the  Dungeon World Compendium as well, if you haven't already seen it. -Jeff
A few new fixes just went live: Stats should no longer expand beyond their allotted width, regardless of the bonds column. Translation Keys Fixed Both the coin and gear inputs have been widened a bit, safely allowing some more room for your sweet, sweet loot.  I may change this field in the future to automatically expand up to a certain limit. Also, the NPC page has been prepared for compendium drops.  Once the SRD Monster data populates, you'll be able to drop monsters from the Compendium right onto anywhere in the NPC page.
A lot of spell names got removed.  Also, the DM view for large maps has terrible performance.
Also, some abilities that were working for 5th ed dnd are no longer working.
Jason Grigsby said: A lot of spell names got removed.  Also, the DM view for large maps has terrible performance. Jason Grigsby said: Also, some abilities that were working for 5th ed dnd are no longer working. Hey Jason, looks like these are issues for the 5e OGL sheet & Advanced Fog of War rather than the Dungeon world sheet. If you haven't already, please post your feedback in those respective threads so we can sort through them more easily. Thank you!

Edited 1507237969
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
We gave the sheet a proper test the other night and it performed well, thanks. Here's a small request, if you have some kind of future features wish list - an optional roll-toggle at the top that lets you roll 1d6+1d8, for the barbarian's Herculean Appetites move. 
Tim said: We gave the sheet a proper test the other night and it performed well, thanks. Here's a small request, if you have some kind of future features wish list - an optional roll-toggle at the top that lets you roll 1d6+1d8, for the barbarian's Herculean Appetites move.  Indeed, that would be useful.  I will add that in an upcoming iteration!

Edited 1508737677
I quite like this one... but here goes my (probably unpopular) opinion. I think layout and legibility is actually worse than the old one. Texts and text boxes are really tiny. It also feels like there's too much wasted space. I love that it displays roll result on the chat and the general look. Also some features and functionalities are better than the old one, but that's about it. It needlessly complicate things and harder to read at least for me, and I'm not sure if my players will prefer migrating to this new sheet because of the same reason. Sorry if this feels offensive; I do appreciate your work. It's just not my cup of tea... :/  
Redpool said: I quite like this one... but here goes my (probably unpopular) opinion. I think layout and legibility is actually worse than the old one. Texts and text boxes are really tiny. It also feels like there's too much wasted space. Agree, just trying to read the moves without rolling is pain the ...... Other than that I do really like how it works and looks
Hi everyone, I'm definitely working on improving the visibility of move/spell/gear descriptions in particular.  It's not the ideal solution at the moment and improving on that readability is high on my radar for the next "big" update.
I think i must be doing something wrong. i am trying to drag my advanced move from leveling up from the compendium to my character sheet. to do this, i add a new blank move, open the compendium, find the advanced move in the class list, click and hold so that it turns yellow and i get a little text box and drag it over to the blank move. when i get the little '+' i drop it onto the blank move, and nothing happens. it's not that big a deal, i can just copy and paste, but i figured if it's not working someone is bound to want to know. thanks for all the hard work, btw.  PS: is there any possibility of adding the immolator class, or adding the capacity for us to add campaign specific stuff? (like the goblin class) 
Dalton H. said: I think i must be doing something wrong. i am trying to drag my advanced move from leveling up from the compendium to my character sheet. to do this, i add a new blank move, open the compendium, find the advanced move in the class list, click and hold so that it turns yellow and i get a little text box and drag it over to the blank move. when i get the little '+' i drop it onto the blank move, and nothing happens. it's not that big a deal, i can just copy and paste, but i figured if it's not working someone is bound to want to know. thanks for all the hard work, btw.&nbsp; PS: is there any possibility of adding the immolator class, or adding the capacity for us to add campaign specific stuff? (like the goblin class)&nbsp; Hi Dalton, It seems like there might be an issue with the sheet workers on your character/game/browser.&nbsp; This is the process to add a move from the compendium: <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=12p80fViZR6U-Gx5b" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=12p80fViZR6U-Gx5b</a>... (simply a brief video) If you're doing it correctly (as seen above), it should be working fine.&nbsp; If it is failing, please work through our documentation on Solving Technical Issues In particular, try this operation on a different browser (Chrome or Firefox), ensure javascript is enabled, and disable extensions.&nbsp; After going through all the Troubleshooting steps, please come back here with a console log and I'll do my best to help you out. As for adding the Immolator, that is certainly a possibility in an upcoming update, as it's a part of the official Dungeon World SRD.&nbsp; As far as adding homebrew to the compendium, that's not currently on our timeline, so you'll have to manually enter your homebrewed Classes and the respective moves they have. - Jeff
I would love to see options like the other DW sheet has for base HP and an auto calculated max HP.&nbsp; Thanks for all your work on the char sheet, my players love it.
This sheet is hard to understand cause it only list human or elf none the archetype moves, fighting style or anything the dnd beyond sheet and roll20 sheet has I don't get it
Kitsune said: This sheet is hard to understand cause it only list human or elf none the archetype moves, fighting style or anything the dnd beyond sheet and roll20 sheet has I don't get it All of the Dungeon World moves are available in the Compendium tab on the right panel of the VTT (the little i in a circle).&nbsp; Additionally, the classes in that compendium can be dragged to the "Class" section on the sheet, which will populate the sheet with all the basic moves and starting moves for those playbooks. You can add moves from the compendium by adding an empty move on your character sheet, then dragging the Move from the compendium onto your character sheet.&nbsp; The same can be done for gear and spells.&nbsp; More details on this and other features of the sheet can be found&nbsp; on the wiki , but if you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.
The sheet is very good, I would point out only the readability of skills without rolling and the fact that with the 3d dice enabled you can see in chat the result before the dice ends its rolling, so it's a bit of spoiler :) (you can't see the number but you can see which of the three result you got) I don't know if this is the right topic, but is there a chance to have the sdr translated in italian? can a user partecipate in it?

Edited 1524349572
Line 972 for spout lore appears to be set up incorrectly, i think it should be something like this: spoutlore: { class: "Basic", fullname: "Spout Lore", trigger: "When you consult your accumulated knowledge about something", roll: "INT", success: "The GM will tell you something interesting and useful about the subject relevant to your situation.", partial: "GM will only tell you something interesting—it’s on you to make it useful.", details: "The GM might ask you \"How do you know this?\" Tell them the truth, now." },
snappin said: Line 972 for spout lore appears to be set up incorrectly, i think it should be something like this: spoutlore: { class: "Basic", fullname: "Spout Lore", trigger: "When you consult your accumulated knowledge about something", roll: "INT", success: "The GM will tell you something interesting and useful about the subject relevant to your situation.", partial: "GM will only tell you something interesting—it’s on you to make it useful.", details: "The GM might ask you \"How do you know this?\" Tell them the truth, now." }, Quite right -- it is much more accurate this way.&nbsp; This will be fixed the next time character sheets are merged in.&nbsp; Thank you!
Emmanuele V. said: The sheet is very good, I would point out only the readability of skills without rolling and the fact that with the 3d dice enabled you can see in chat the result before the dice ends its rolling, so it's a bit of spoiler :) (you can't see the number but you can see which of the three result you got) I don't know if this is the right topic, but is there a chance to have the sdr translated in italian? can a user partecipate in it? Unfortunately, as it exists now, the rolltemplate system isn't able to obfuscate anything other than the numerical result itself while the 3D dice roll. (As you likely know, the roll result is&nbsp; generated already for the 3D dice to use).&nbsp; It may be something to revisit in the future, or I might think of some sort of workaround. We don't currently have support for translating the compendium (SRD), so sadly not at the moment. To end with good news, I am planning on putting out an update that improves the readability of everything on the sheet both when collapsed and un-collapsed.&nbsp; Hopefully that I'll get that out sometime soon. Jeff
Firstly, this is great.&nbsp; I'd like to give kudos to the devs/folks who put this together; your work is appreciated. I'd also love to bump up the backlog priority of adding the supplemental SRD classes (Barbarian and Immolator) to the compendium.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Jeff, Amazing work on this sheet - great design.&nbsp; Very intuitive and discoverable layout of all the elements. I'd like to make a feature request. In a future update, would it be possible to add an option to mark the token with an associated icon/dot when the user checks a condition box on the character sheet.&nbsp; I don't have any preference on which icons/dots to use for what - your call. &nbsp; I find that the visual cue on the token is a good reminder that the character has a condition active. Thanks again for the great work on the sheet. Pat&nbsp;
I translated the sheet in french. would the compendium be translatable also ?