Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player View vs. NPC Fog of War

I noticed that, when I use Control-L to switch to the view of one of my player's tokens, significantly more of the map is visible to me than to the player. It appears that sections of the map in which NPCs are standing are visible when I am in player view mode, even though no details or creature/NPCs are visible. Below are screen shots of my GM-while-in-player-view vs. a screen shot grabbed by one of my players. Shouldn't entering player view mode also disable the fog of war reveal from GM owned NPCs?  vs. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe the Advanced Fog of War "map" is player-specific, or rather log-in-specific. Not token or character specific. But I've been wrong before. :)
That is why I was thinking this is a bug, since it essentially breaks the Ctrl-L feature in the GM's toolkit.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, there's never been a persistent effect like this before. The option would be to save layer information for every token on the board within each instance. As I understand it.
It is possible that this issue is related to another bug we are aware of for when tokens are dropped onto the map. If you reset the fog of war do you still see everything as you have shown?