Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP]PDT/PST GMT -7/-8 Interest Check DND 3.5x / Pathfinder Red Hand of Doom

Edited 1508960215
My tabletop group kind of splintered so I was seeing if there is any interest in this gem.  Modified 3.5x (some Pathfinder rules like Perception instead of Search, Spot and Listen). If everyone prefers Pathfinder instead I'll open it up to Pathfinder conversion...but will allow 3.5x classes. (XPH and Book of Nine Swords I'm looking at you). I have every darn 3.5 book (Completes, Handbooks, etc...) so pretty much open to anything.  Will not be starting till later next month at the earliest. I have a few one-shots of legacy games I want to run first.  This will be a big darn heroes campaign.  (More on this later) Details subject to change based on players' and group's feedback.  From the wiki: "The plot of Red Hand of Doom follows a group of adventurers who have entered the Elsir Vale , a thinly populated frontier region. The party discovers a massive hobgoblin horde that is fanatically devoted to the dark goddess Tiamat and led by the charismatic half-dragon warlord Azarr Kul. To stop the horde, players have to muster the inhabitants of the Vale, battle hobgoblins, giants and dragons, and defeat an overwhelming enemy."
I be Interested please shoot me a mail so we can talk further.
Interested, How do you feel about the Featured Race like the Tengu, and how do you feel about a Custom made class. It is a balanced and versatile custom class made by my self. Send me a message if you are interested.   

Edited 1509030702
If this is in a published WoTC source it's legal.  If it is third party written by WoTC authors (Bruce Cordell's Hyperconscious) I probably will allow it. If it's not by a WoTC author, probably not but I'll need to review the rules first so I'll need excerpts. If there is a Pathfinder equivalent I'd prefer to use that first. Pathfinder classes/races/etc available if you prefer.  If you want to bring in something that is completely custom? I'll run but it won't be Red Hand.  We'd be better off using GURPS fantasy or some other non-class based system than DND.  And I haven't posted a LFP for that yet but will keep you folks in mind when I do. So far we only have 2 folks interested  We'll need more to move forward. 

Edited 1508983771
Would you allow mongoose publishing for 3rd party dnd 3.5? And would you do standard class leveling or would you allow gestalt?
I'd be interested, only really ever played pathfinder, also never played using roll20 or any online tabletop

Edited 1509132421
Any other takers? The more the merrier!  Also you don't start at 1st level...game starts off just about the sweet spot, level 5.   That means for many folks your big darn heroes builds are coming online.  
So is this idea dead?
I'm interested. let me know if you're still going forward with this idea.
I'd be interested, definitely, with Pathfinder as basis; just so everyone is at a more or less level playing field. 

Edited 1510069042
Roster list: ======== DM: Me Players:  +2 (friends I promised to run) mizore shirayuki David D. Zach William S. Michael . -> cannot find you please repost here if still interested. Arthur N. Parker  +1 more via PM (Hypnos) Looks like we have enough players for now. Will re-open registration when folks drop out or scheduling conflicts arise.  No sessions before Turkey Day at least.  Have 2 other games booked.  However we can discuss background and chargen stuff.  I'll create the group and send invites sometimes this week or so.  EDIT: given the high attrition rate on R20 I decided to open this to a couple more folks who PM'd me.  

Edited 1510069161
Update: 2017-11-07 Okay I sent links to everyone I could find. I went through my PM's and the posts here.   Please send me a PM with subject "Red Hand link" if you didn't get an invite and I will reply (it will also let me know if the player list is current or if we lost ppl.) I will also create a few forums please post game / chargen questions there. Thanks all for the interest. 
Updated 2017-11-09. Added a tentative time for the first session. I currently have not received confirmations from 9 players and I'm hoping they were waiting for a time slot.  We will need a few more to move forward.  I'll keep you folks posted. Keep your fingers crossed!
So was it decided to be pathfinder or 3.5?
Exile said: So was it decided to be pathfinder or 3.5? Right now it appears most folks are bringing in Pathfinder classes. Where 3.5 and Pathfinder overlap we're using Pathfinder.  Want to make sure I understood. Was that your question?  If you want to bring in something 3.5 SRD I am still allowing it...or say the Dragonfire Adept or other pure 3.5 classes.  Just a note that your character will progress feat-wise though using Pathfinder not 3.5.  And we're using Pathfinder's skill system. (so no 4x skill point math at 1st, just a +3 bonus for 'trained' )