Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What may be shared from 3.5?

I'm aware that there's some sites that have basic information available, from D&D 3.5, but I was wondering if that was the limit for shareable content? For example, I recreated the tables from the Magic Item Compendium for use, but am hesitant to share it. Alternately, the monsters stats from the various 3.5 items would be nice to have. (It is known that Pathfinder content is available, however creatures have been changed.)
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I think the only info legal to share comes from PHB1, MM1, DMG1 and Unearthed Arcana (basically any stuff you can find on the SRD).
Buggar. Thanks Tony!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I feel your pain Bryan, I have tables for lots of useful things that would save people hours of setup, 200+ monsters from various source books fully stat-ed and with abilities setup as well as ~3500 spells setup as basic powercards ready for minor tweaks for use in game... would be great to be able to share the 3.5 love a bit :(
Ziechael said: I feel your pain Bryan, I have tables for lots of useful things that would save people hours of setup, 200+ monsters from various source books fully stat-ed and with abilities setup as well as ~3500 spells setup as basic powercards ready for minor tweaks for use in game... would be great to be able to share the 3.5 love a bit :( There a method you could point me toward to semi-automate the process for importing data. Or was it incredibly manual? (Possessing of variable laziness lol)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ziechael wrote a spreadsheet which would format it's data into commands for this script:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1144568/script-t" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1144568/script-t</a>...
Thanks Aaron. Used that for the MiC table, using spreadsheets as well. But am clueless as to how to use it for items like spells or monsters as they've extensive data and tables basically support one field for information. What am I missing?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, I glazed over that part... the spells he's doing as Powercard commands.&nbsp; I imagine he could assemble those in a spreadsheet in a similar fashion, or he might just be crazy enough to type out 3500 spell commands. =D
Hrm okay, can totally see setting up tables for spells and then having a selection tool setting it up as a powercard; for output. Danke! (Vaguely recall seeing a post for auto importing spells from websites but can't seem to recall how to find it :( Thoughts?) Feasible for monsters too, but more of a pain!

Edited 1509566617
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spreadsheets are my best friend for automating the basics. Since my powercards all follow a standard layout initially I used a combination of a lot of concatenation and if statements to allow for me to use csv data from my pcgen to give me the majority of it... I then ran a few macros to turn the range calculations into roll20 friendly inline rolls (as well as a few other in built calculations). Then I applied that to all of the spells and as I need them I 'tidy up' which involves trimming the description if its a bit wordy, telling it what sound effect to call, fx to use if any, things to summon if needed (including my AoE templates) as well as telling it if an attack is required and what type it is. I also have a column to add additional custom powercards rows if needed and one for other api calls (tokenMod, chatSetAttr etc etc). The whole thing took me a fair few hours to set up but I can put ANY spell into my game, fully fleshed out and all singing/dancing, in less than a minute. Perfect for dealing with divine casters! Oh, and I'm a massive nerd with borderline OCD who can't resist the mental exercise of semi-automating&nbsp;something even if it takes me as long as it would to manually do in the first place anyway lol.
Oh Cracker Jacks, hadn't considered using PCGen data! While not nerdy enough to write macros for Google Sheets, it's a good starting point. The Aaron.... Ziechael....