Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Sheet a dumb newbie question that I couldn't find in the FAQ

Edited 1509510972
Feats. Some feats can be dragged and dropped from the Compendium.   Step 1: click + to add a slot (in the Abilities NOT Orig Feats header)-> took me a while to figure this out. Step 2: Open the compendium.  Don't click on the i in the sheet. It's the i menu icon on the top right.  Step 3: expand the relevant section in the Compendium, drag and drop.  Here is where I get lost. You cannot select an ability or feat to remove it. If you click the trash can you get one warning and then it will delete all rows. If you do not select the box next to all rows, nothing happens. After adding several feats. All the rows disappeared showing only 1 blank entry. I re-added a new row and re-dragged a feat...then all the feats were back and now I have 2 of the same and cannot delete it.  The Compendium also disappears except for the one section you were reading. Exiting R20 and restarting does not change this.  Also the feats I did add (Point Blank Shot for example)...do not appear when I am creating attacks.  I'm really confused any help or a guide would be welcome. Thanks! EDIT: I read the FAQ and tried to follow the Kinetic Blast example and I could not get even to line 1.  Is there a screenshot(s) showing this? I tried the settings, the base sheet, the abilities...nowhere did I see an entry for the feats I had selected...and while "Attack" shows up in several places...none of them have drop-downs for "Kinetic/Energy/etc...." At least none of the places I looked so it must be somewhere else. Not found on Abilities, Attacks, Skills, Core, All. Which other tab is it please?  How do I setup a Kinetic Blast? Pick the type of attack (ranged for normal blast, or melee for Kinetic Blade or Whip)  ***Where? Pick 'Kinetic' for base blast, or Composite. ***Where? Pick Energy or Physical damage type ***Where?  Check Devastating Infusion if applicable (only valid for Melee and Physical) Huh? Click on Create Macros Verify macros are correct for your character. Elemental Overload buff will apply to all attacks, and to ranged damage. Make any adjustments necessary. Click on Create Attack a row in the Attacks page will be entered. The macros are copied to the 'extra damage' and 'attack' bonus fields of the attack. You can now change dropdowns or macros to create another attack. If you want to use Alt Melee and Alt Ranged, then you can instead add the macros to a new buff row that adds to Alt Melee attack and Alt Ranged attack. You will need to delete the macro from the 'Attack' field on the attack row generated (so it is not duplicated) and change the dropdown to the 'Alt' version. Damage bonuses would still need to be kept per attack row, because they will change depending on type of damage.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
After the last row of any repeating section there are two icons, left icon (+) is to add a repeating item, the right icon (3 horizontal lines) is used to "modify" the repeating items.  If you select modify, you can either re-arrange rows or delete individual items.  This is a standard feature of roll20 that is used on nearly all sheets although the buttons look and location may be altered by the sheet's author.  Try that to pick and choose repeating items to delete. Have you enabled "Kineticst Burn" from the settings>rule options section?  The Kenetic burn sub-section will appear on the Abilities tab. 

Edited 1509549134
First thanks for the response. I'm sorry I've used many other sheets on roll20 written macros and such...but this one has me stumped. I mean it's really pretty and looks like it does just about everything...if only I was smart enough to figure it out :) Yes I did enable Kinetic Burn previously. Not sure what it affects as I didn't see any changes but left it selected just in case.  I click on the right icon and the (under Attacks-> Attacks) section turns yellow.  Drag and drop does not seem to alter anything...and I click all over to no effect. Cannot edit. Not understanding what you are saying sorry.  I click the triple bar again so it is no longer yellow and then click on a field and I can type.   I see these drop downs: 'Attack type', 'DMG ability', and if I expand Misc, 'Proficiency'  The FAQ states select Kinetic Blast...where is this please? I still do not see it.  It's probably right in front of me. :) Likewise for every other step in that FAQ for the Kinetic Blast setup.  I'm sorry I don't get this and appreciate any help!  EDIT: Okay I found Kinetic Blast. It isn't under Attacks. :) Now how to figure out how to get the equations to add buffs and feats...right now they don't.   Thx again!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Make sure your sheet is not "popped out" in it's own window.  Repeating sections editing as well as other things may not work correctly.  I will have to look over the Kintetic blast steps.  (heading off to work)...
More likely I'm doing something wrong no worries....thanks again for all the support! 

Edited 1509632362
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the kinetic blast is on the Abilities tab. there is a section called "kinetic" something just above the abilities list, that is where all the settings are. when you create a new blast it will put it in the attacks list.   the reason your feats seemed to disappear is they were on a different tab in the abilities. I'm not sure why since it should have moved you to the feats tab. i can look at that.