Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Page Height Translation Error

Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey, so I've run in to a really weird problem. The following JSON and HTML produced "Page Height" rather than "Height". How is that possible? Even when I remove the JSON, the span still says "Page Height". I can't find anything in the code that explains this and I've worked around it by changing the translation code to something other than "height". I just don't know where this is coming from. translation.json { "height": "Height" } sheet.html <span data-i18n="height">Height</span>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'd guess that that translation key is used elsewhere in the vtt by Roll20 itself and so overrides your translation
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I guess I'll just have to change the translation code to something different and settle for that solution.

Edited 1510467403
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's strange. I recall this happening on the PF sheet when we added translations.  We joked around saying that it was actually your "Page's height". You can add a space after "height " to make it unique or just use something like "details-height", which it sounds like you're doing already. :( update: It looks like using all caps also works for some reason... { "HEIGHT": "Height" } <span data-i18n="HEIGHT">Height</span>
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll try that, but it's really weird.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure why, but I have noticed some other sheet's translation json's use all caps for the key/property portion.  They probably know something we don't.  ;-P