Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help clean up may chat

When i write large amounts of text to the chat, the messages get devided up multiple times, as my name is inserted every so often. I can use double curly brackets around my text to prevent this, but then they become part of the messages - and I would like to avoid that. Does anyone know of a way to avoid the chat inserting my name every so often, or how to hide the curly brackets?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's unlikely to be possible without the API (a Pro Subscriber Perk).  I imagine you're using shift-enter to insert newlines, which will be equivalent to submitting each row of your chat separately. You could try some combination of sending html entities, but it will probably get stripped. This is a paragraph. This is a paragraph. This is a paragraph. This is a paragraph. <br><br> This is a paragraph. This is a paragraph. This is a paragraph. This is a paragraph.
The only nice way would most likely be by putting it in a roll template, which may not be what you want. If you are playing with a sheet that has a better one you could use that but using the default one you would get something like this. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/FamiUB7.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/FamiUB7.png</a> If you can just copy and past you could set up a quick query macro for the text as the query area is small for typing text.
Have tried roll templates it out, but it lacks nice formatting, and makes the area even more slim. Its basicly for posting statblocks, copied from pathfinder ogl into a notepad - edited a bit (adding inline rolls for checks and attacks), then pasted into an ability box on the sheet. Regarding the API, I have come to the conclusion that many of the things we are able to do with API needs to be basic features. I would hate to trust in others to maintain scripts - when I think the basic roll20 is still lacking so much. (not a rant, just reasoning why I stopped using the API).