Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolling Nonstandard Dice Not Possible Anymore in Campaign

A few days ago was a able to use the command "/roll 1d100" in the chat box, macros, and via Dice Roller tool in a campaign I run. Now whenever I try to roll 1d100 in the same ways as before, it doesn't work—not even an error message, it doesn't show anything in the chat log. Now, the weirder thing is that I can use the "/roll 1d100" command in another  campaign I have. After some experimenting, I discovered I am limited to commands that use the typical d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20 polyhedral dice set in just the one particular campaign, whereas when I load up my other campaign I can roll any kind of dice I want... d100, d1000, d5394... Anyone have this problem?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Oliver:  First, what is the campaign's name?  Second, could you please post the console log from the game that has the problem (after trying to roll the dice)? For Chrome the campaign log is Ctrl+Shift+J. For Firefox go to Tools -> Web Developer -> Web Console  - Gauss
Hi, Gauss. The campaign name is Broventure Time. Here is the console error: Uncaught TypeError: Object function (t){var r=Math.ceil(t/n),i=Math.pow(n,r),s=t*Math.floor(i/t),o,u=0;do o=d.g(r),u++;while(o>=s&&u<100);return o%t} has no method 'nextInt'
Gauss
Forum Champion
Oh, one more question: are you using the 3d dice roller? If you are, could you turn it off and try to roll the d100 again? - Gauss
Gid
Roll20 Team
There is no d100 3d model, so if you try to roll a d100 while 3D dice is on, nothing will actually happen.
Yes, I had that turned on at the time I discovered it wasn't working anymore.  I just turned it off and everything works just as long as I don't have it on.
Gauss
Forum Champion
LOL GMTA, Kristin. :) - Gauss
Kristin C. said: There is no d100 3d model, so if you try to roll a d100 while 3D dice is on, nothing will actually happen. I was expecting for the results to show up regardless if 3D dice was checked on or not, like it does in my other campaign. For now, just turning it off whenever I'm about to roll nonstandard dice will be a satisfactory workaround!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Does your other campaign also have 3d dice turned on? If I turn on 3d dice in any of my campaigns I cannot roll 1d100.  - Gauss
Gid
Roll20 Team
The reason it works like this is that when you toggle 3D dice on, it switches the roller to a completely different system than the default RNG we use for chat channel rolls. The secondary system goes towards factoring the physics of randomizing the position, force and speed of the dice toss.
Ahhh, bingo... It was recently created so I forgot it defaults to that option as off. It'd be more convenient to be able to roll weird dice regardless of whether or not a 3D model would show up, like I mistakenly thought it did... Thanks for the help!
Oh, actually, this is a bug. It's supposed to fall back to the normal dice roller if there's no 3D dice, but it was broken. Should be fixed now. Sorry about that!
Sweet, it is working. Much appreciated.