Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

More Token Bars

Edited 1389894618
I know this has been suggested in the past (with a lot of positive feedback but no change), but I would really like to have access to a 4th bar or the user option to change the number of available bars/bubbles. One reason in particular is that I'm running a port of Betrayal at House on the Hill, and the game runs 4 constantly-changing stats: Speed, Might, Sanity, and Knowledge. I would love to simply use the status Markers, but since all of my stat numbers are linked to macros and benefit greatly from the + and - options in stat bubbles, I really don't have another option. Players hate having to go to their character sheet to change these stats, and the aesthetic of watching all 4 stats slowly dwindle away like life bars is really missing from this experience.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alternately to a bar - you can add a marker to your token. Not as nice as a 4th bar I'll admit - but it works in a pinch. You can even add a marker with a number (granted only 1-9). So - you could add a green dot with 9 and it will appear as one green dot with 9 subscripted. You can then adjust the green dot. This may or may not work for your dynamic stats. Here's a link that explains it better. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features</a> I've thought at times that a 4th bar would be great. But then things start getting cluttered and tokens become quite large. Perhaps the option to have bars that surround all 4 peripheral edges of the token to keep clutter down?
Yeah, I meant I cannot use markers, because I need to link macros to the stats. I'm not saying that everybody should have to deal with them, but yes, if I could have the OPTION of adding an additional bar (I like the 4 edges idea), it would make literally every game I run much better.
Paul S. said: I've thought at times that a 4th bar would be great. But then things start getting cluttered and tokens become quite large. Perhaps the option to have bars that surround all 4 peripheral edges of the token to keep clutter down? +1 to this.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FWIW, the Betrayal port I was working on a while back kept track of the traits in the state object and was queried/altered by api commands. A possible option for you, as you're a Mentor.
Yeah, but I don't understand API. Can you help?

Edited 1389963681
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's another approach to keeping track of 4 changing stats: create 4 card decks, named Speed, Might, Sanity, and Knowledge Create a single card for each deck, with a picture of the word (of that board game has special symbols for those stats, use them instead) Make sure each deck is infinite, in its settings. Then at the start of the game, deal a number of cards in each deck equal to their stat. When someone loses a stat point, drag a card from to the deck and discard it. When they gaan a stat point, deal them anotehr acrd or pick one of the discards up from the table. With this method, everyone can see everyone's stats at the same time. It looks something like this:
Having a the option for an expanded pop-up mini card for tokens with more fields would be nifty without having to change the existing setup..