Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dice Pool Question

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Say I'm setting up a macro for a dice pool roll.  I want it to prompt me to type in the number of dice I want to roll. > /roll ?{Dice|0}d10 Easy, right? But now what if I want to have the macro default to the number of dice in an attribute?  Something like... > /roll ?{Dice|@{Strength}}d10 That configuration doesn't work.  So I would I do it?  Can it be done? Thanks!
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Tom! It can be done and you're very close. You just have to indicate which character sheet you're using for the strength score. If you're making the macro on the attributes page of a character sheet, the macro you have should work. I don't know which character sheet you're using, so I can't check for you, but make sure that the attribute "strength" is spelled with a capital S. If you're making the macro in your collections tab, you'll need to switch @{Strength} with either @{character name|Strength} or @{selected|Strength}.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Kirtsy, Interesting.  It's actually a token action.  I guess the reason it didn't work is because I hadn't assigned a value to the Attribute (it's a template).  I plugged in a number and it worked great.  Thanks!