Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG][Burning Wheel] PST Fridays 8pm - 12pm

Never played Burning Wheel, recently got Gold & Codex. Down for any kind of game, but would prefer coming into a fresh game and doing collaborative character building/world set up over joining an ongoing narrative. I really want to play BW and try to learn more of the rules from that side before eventually GMing it myself. 
It's pretty tough to find BW games.  I'm also interested in playing some BW, I've GMed a bit, but I can't currently take on GMing.  But count me in as an interested player, if you can happen to dig up a GM.  You might also try Google+ and Reddit for places to find a GM.  It's a small community and a bit spread out. In any case, I'm also PST and Fridays would work for me.  Let me know if something manifests.
Hey Preston, I just stumbled across this group last night.&nbsp; It might help with finding a game: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/781901/torchbearer-guild" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/781901/torchbearer-guild</a>
Thanks for looking out Dochockin. As cool as Torchbearer looks I am more specifically looking for a Burning Wheel game. Starting to think I might have to break down and try running one, but will probably give it til after the holidays before making that decision. I've watched enough of the roll20 twitch group's BW streams that I have better than 0 understanding of the rules at least.
I think the 'Guild' collects folks interested in all the BW spin offs, but Torchbearer seems to be the main focus.&nbsp; If you do decide to run something I'd be interested in playing, and since I've only a few aborted attempts at BW GMing under my belt, I'm essentially at better than 0 myself. And truthfully, BW works best when everyone at the table takes responsibility for the rules. &nbsp;&nbsp;
I am very interested in a game of Burning Wheel. I am new to it myself, having just picked up the gold book a few days ago, but I watch the Roll20 series as well. Let me know if you're interested in running a game. I'll be getting the codex over the holidays, so I might be persuaded to run one myself.
I will fourth or fifth that - Burning Wheel is really interesting, I love the combat system, and playing it on Roll20 seems easier than printing out charts all the time. I have had the BW Gold edition for a few years, and read it, but I still haven't played a game.
The Codex is really two parts, one part is rules variations, the other is commentary which helps understand the game.&nbsp; You really don't need the rules extras to start with. In fact, you really don't want to use most of what's in the main Gold book when you first start out.&nbsp; You can run some pretty solid game with just the Hub and build on that as you go. Sounds like we enough people for a decent game.