Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unsure how to use variables

I am trying to create Magic Missile (as an example) using Power Cards and Alter Bars. My current script: !power {{ --titlefontshadow|none --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --corners|10 --name|Denni --leftsub|Magic Attack --rightsub|Magic Missile --Range:| 120' --Casting Time:| 1 action --Components:| V, S --Missile 1:| [[ [$Atk1] 1d4+1 ]] --Missile 2:| [[ [$Atk2] 1d4+1 ]] --Missile 3:| [[ [$Atk3] 1d4+1 ]] --Damage:| [[ [$Dmg] ^Atk1 + ^Atk2 + ^Atk3]] force --?? alterbar1|_target|@{target||token_id} _bar|3 _amount|-[^Dmg]/2 _show|all }} When I try to run it, I get the following error: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "^" found. Maybe someone could explain how to use the variables in macro/API so I don't have to ask so many questions when it comes to writing my macros. I am looking to create multiple variables and add them together so that everyone can see all the rolls separately. Once all the damage is added together, I want the HP bar (bar3) to reduce by damage. Thanks in advance.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is really more of a powercards question.  You should post it in that thread to get the best help. 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
(Answered in main thread.)