Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(LFG) 5E -- 6:30PM Central or Later -- Roleplay Focus -- Application.

Name: Paxton/Elstine Age: Twenty-Two The about, and experience: My name is Paxton, and I have been roleplaying for a majority of my life - from being a child with sticks as swords, to today teaching roleplay and hosting various roleplay-related events. I started getting into organized, serious, long-term roleplay about 7-8 years ago now through forums, and eventually on World of Warcraft where I have led several large, long-lasting roleplay guilds and organizations. Recently WoW has become stale to me and so i've largerly taken a step back from roleplay there other than advisory roles for other guilds and the like. Hungry for story and the flexibility that comes with roleplay compared to games; I have found myself learning DnD 5E and diving in head first. I have only played a game or two now, but I have DMed for two groups now, and am currently leading a game on Thursdays that is entirely homebrewed with positive feedback thus far. All that being said my bread and butter is politics and intrigue; it's what gives me the most satisfaction since roleplay comes with so many intricate details and challenge of working for or against NPCs with intelligence and aren't simply piles of code with scripts. I have no idea what kind of class or race I would like to be, and in fact I prefer to come to such details with the party or the GM; enjoying the bits of lore and inspirations from the GM aboit certain races and classes within their world. I prefer to keep everything IC and worry very little about numbers and min/maxing; plotting, asking questions, and paying attention to lowkey details such as an NPC saying: "I have not seen any Elves here." Compared to: "I have not seen any more Elves here." Which means you have seen some, of course. That being said I'd likely want to build a character that is either ambitious, or has some claim to some title, or has the ability to relatively move into a politician role such as an ex-veteran. I also enjoy doing relatively rare archeypes; such as a grizzled Veteran warrior that is perhaps too old or wounded from war - he may know how to handle a sword but he's to weak to do so efficiently anymore; however he's a strong knowledge of teamwork, tactics, war, etc and through service has really trained his senses to their pique -- creating a stat roll for a warrior like 17 int, 16 wis, 10 str, 8 con, 10 charisma or something. I would like to expand my experience as a player to not only familiarize myself with more gamey aspects of dnd, but also for inspiration and ideas to add to my own deck of dming. Aside from Roleplay, a big passion of mine is history. Learning about armor, weapons, tactics, nobility, wars, etc - I know a good amount of just about everywhere's history, pick a place and i could probably give an interesting tidbit. As such I prefer to play with more 'realistic' characters to fantastical; trying to describe myself with accurate armor and clothing and handeling a weapon properly - but that's more for me than anything. I hope this gives you an idea of myself, if you have any questions - feel free to ask. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Heya SUPER new player here was wondering if time played would factor in as part of who get to play? Cus I need a group to play with!