Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest Check: Fantasy Rags-to-Riches Street Gang Game

I've been sitting on the idea for a while and would like to finally give it a shot. I'd like to get a group of about 4 people, maybe a few more. Basically, I want to get a group of unimpressive street rats who will form a gang and rise up to better things or die trying. That's really all there is to it. I'll let you decide how you'd like to make your money. I don't have a greater story in mind at the moment and I'll probably just improvise recurring characters (fences, rival gangs and their members, bought guards) and let a story emerge or not on its own terms. I also won't be using a map simply because I'm not skilled enough to make one and I can't find one that when blow up to scale isn't horrible distorted. We will, however, still use grids and tokens. I'll just sketch out a scene with the draw tool whenever necessary. So, for further clarification: I'm going to start you at level 0. You may chose a class at level 1. Your rolls will all be the same: 8, 9, 10, 10, 11, 12 For starting cash, you get 1d10 of copper. Yes, copper. I want just getting starter gear to be an achievement. Starting gear: Rags, a half a loaf of stale bread and a can-do attitude. Evil is allowed. We'll be using 3.5, core rule books only but I am willing to make exceptions for items and such. A microphone is require, Skype is a huge plus. If you'd like to join, please, leave a message! If I don't respond quickly, add me on Skype: shawn_noseworthy
Really good idea.  When? Gygaxian Goodfellas. 
Don't have a date set in stone at the moment. My schedule is very open, depends on the group (provided there ever is one).
Where'd that confidence go? Their is a perpetual piraña like feeding frenzy for all things 3.X here. Annoying really.  You shouldn't have any problem getting players. 
It fades over time until something either takes off or dies. Maybe Superbowl Sunday isn't the best time to make a LFG thread.
Yeah. I hate the sports business. 
I like the campaign idea, but the limitation on stats is bullshit. will not play.
Well, starting limits may be just that, starting. Seems the intent is to start from being the lowest, and seeing how high you can climb from the bottom.
I'm thinking now maybe we should start at negative levels so that by level 1, everyone will have earned enough attribute points to get all of their attributes to at least 10, depending how they choose to spend them. A Level -3 start.
Now you're starting everyone off as 'special'. Not really a rags to riches deal man, more like 'i eat from a tube' to 'i can wipe myself w/a successful dex / int check.' The way you had it initially was okay. Everyone starts as average. Old school rules, level one was something special. Most people weren't even that. Now if you don't make epic in 6m, people start to get surly. You know, you may wish to check out 'Dungeon Crawl Classics'. Basic design intent is along similar lines. 
I think starting at 0 would be fine, I'd be interested, but i don't have a lot of time
I'm interested  and I'm new to this so i don't know if you would like me in a group and i have skype. and i get two days off a week so it all depends on the day