Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Critical Success on grouped rolls with potentially for different dice types

hey, working on a campaign that's going to be using a modified version of Ryuutama, but the core dice resolution is unchanged. I'm using the 4e sheet for the roll templates so that things look nice (ignoring the actual character sheet tab). the 4e sheet can detect critical successes on attack rolls to roll a critical damage die. Attack rolls in this system work off of 1d[attribute]+1d[attribute]. So, for example, if you have 6 Strength and 8 Agility, your attack roll with a regular one-handed sword would be 1d6+1d8. As it stands, crits are prompted in this roll template when EITHER die rolls its highest result, rather than both. I've tried grouped rolls, critical success/fumble points, all manner of stuff, and I can't get things to work right and count the roll as a crit only when both dice come up with their highest result (i.e. 6+8 in the example I gave). here's the full roll template I'm using with the 4e character sheet turned on &{template:dnd4epower} {{encounter=yes}} {{name=Sword Strike}} {{range=Melee}} {{class=@{character_name}}} {{attack= [[ { 1d@{Strength} + 1d@{Agility} }cs>[[@{Strength}+@{Agility}]]cf<2 ]] }} {{damage=[[1d@{Strength}]]}} {{critical=[[1d@{Strength}]]}} and here's the attack roll I've been working with on its own [[ { 1d@{Strength} + 1d@{Agility} }cs>[[@{Strength}+@{Agility}]]cf<2 ]] i'm not sure if there is actually a way to make this work the way I want it to, but if anyone here can help with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Edited 1514519071
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Unfortunately, Grouped Rolls (e.g. { 1d@{Strength} + 1d@{Agility} }) cannot be modified by Critical Success and Fumble Points . Paired with the fact that the Roll Template ignores critical failures when counting critical successes, a trick like 1d@{Strength}cf<[[@{Strength} - 1]] + 1d@{Agility}cf<[[@{Agility} - 1]] would not work. As such, getting the condition output you want is unfortunately not possible without using an API Script . (API access requires a Game's Creator to have an active Pro subscription.) For example, a PowerCards macro could provide the output you're looking for.