Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

subcriber question not sure where to post

i was wondering where do i post a question regarding how do i give my game dynamic lighting. i just bought a plus membership the 49.99 for a year one and was wondering how i can make my current game use dynamic lighting as it would be really useful. any help would be nice. thank you.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Here's the Wiki that explains how to do that:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting</a> Basic summary (Map): Open the page settings for the map you want to add Dynamic Lighting to. Enable Dynamic Lighting and any of its sub features (usually want blocks movement turned on also) On the map, switch to the Lighting Layer Switch to a drawing tool, polygon is best. Draw lines you want to block sight with. Basic summary (Token): Open the token settings and switch to the Advanced Settings Click on Has Sight Give the Token Emits Light settings (Try 60 30 in the first row of boxes) Turn on All Player See Light if you want it to represent something like a torch, leave it off if it should represent something like Darkvision You should now be seeing around that token.&nbsp; Be sure to save the token as default on the character if you want to always drag them out with these settings. Basic summary (Multiple Tokens): As the GM, you see from all tokens at once.&nbsp; If you want to see just what one token sees, select it and press ctrl-L (or cmd-L on mac).&nbsp; You'll have the view restricted to just what that token sees until you click off of it.&nbsp; (Note that as a GM, you'll still see the darkness as transparent, players will see it as opaque).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is a good place to start. You can post your question in this forum. Also, there is a&nbsp; help wiki to answer most basic questions. The page for Dynamic Lighting is&nbsp; here .