Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Newest and best way to do wild shaping druids (5E Shaped Sheet)

So I perused the forums and saw several discussions about how to automate the Druid's Wild Shape.  I saw a Token Swap script, and Token Mod with Rollable Tables and discussions on each but each thread is pretty old.  Since things change around here I wanted to find out what is the current best way to do this.  I am currently using the 5E Shaped Sheet for my game. If you could point me to the latest method that everybody is using that would be awesome.  I am hoping it is pretty simple as I'm not a coding guy by any means.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm using TokenMod for shapeshifters. I set up a rollable table with the token images and then create a macro which sets image, token size and vision all at once. Here's an example of the macro (I use the OGL sheet, so my roll template is different to yours): &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|token_name} }} {{rname=Shapeshifter}} {{description=[Elf](!token-mod --set currentside|1 width|70 height|70 light_radius|60 light_dimradius|0 light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Brown Bear](!token-mod --set currentside|2 width|140 height|140 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Giant Octopus](!token-mod --set currentside|3 width|140 height|140 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Tiger](!token-mod --set currentside|4 width|140 height|140 light_radius|60 light_dimradius|0 light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Dire Wolf](!token-mod --set currentside|5 width|140 height|140 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Giant Elk](!token-mod --set currentside|6 width|210 height|210 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Giant Constrictor](!token-mod --set currentside|7 width|210 height|210 light_radius|5 light_dimradius|20 light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) }}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. That's a good approach. It could even be tweaked to temporarily change the values in the bubbles for AC,HP and Speed. The newest version of Token mod even gets rid of the need for using a rollable token in the first place, meaning you could easily have several druids in the campaign without needing a different table for each.
So Keith, how would you use the Token Mod without the rollable table?  Also, do you need to set up a character sheet for each animal shape or do you just use a script to set the different attributes while he's in that form?  I assume you could use it to set his hp and such for when he changes to beast and back to druid?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The latest version of token mod allows you to re-assign the graphic for the token on the fly. type "!token-mod --help" into the chat for the syntax and details. It also lets you choose faces from a rollable table token if you'd rather. Assigning graphics is more up-front work, but it would allow you to set up a macro to let you swap out any token image. It could be repurposed for other druids, or even a polymorph. And yeah, you could reassign the bubbles to wild shape values and back on the fly.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It lets you copy images from existing tokens too, but only if they're graphic is in a User Library.