Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Game Settings no longer available for players

Upon joining for a campaign session scheduled for today, I noticed, immediately, that the avatars appearing for players were automatically showing at their maximum size. In addition, the setting to change them was missing; the list of options available is much shorter than I recall it being. With a little investigation, I determined this influences every campaign I am a player (not GM) in, and does NOT influence any campaign I am a GM in. (The setting is there in those cases.) This problem was also verified to exist for other players; the GM of the campaign I am a player in sees the setting in his GMed campaign, but not in the one I GM (and my setting in that GM does not influence what he sees.) Last Saturday (at the least), this worked normally as intended, but it has somehow changed since then. This shows all signs of being a bug, and I do not know what happened to cause this unexpected behavior. Can anybody offer any insights, or perhaps fixes? My screen resolution is not particularly large and having avatars take up half the screen real estate hinders playing in the campaign, especially with a functional limit on how far I can scroll down on a map.
Flash
Pro
Sheet Author
I think it might be related to the beta update for the A/V chat as the timing seems to match. Hopefully it'll be resolved quickly.
Ditto!
Also, I was here first, so give me my name back!!! ;-)
We're having this problem as well with multiple players. Something is up; people aren't able to hide player avatar icons, which are just taking up the entire screen.
Flash
Pro
Sheet Author
Well that was certainly strange.

Edited 1515529080
Yeah, I'm in the same group as Collieflower. It's a living campaign with a lot of players. The icons take up so much space that I can't see the map.
Flash
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't even have that many friends.
Have the same issue with the game im in which is going to make this very difficult for the group i play with as we have 6 to more players sometimes in one game . Which will make are game tonight a major issue
Flash
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello everyone! One of the Devs came back to me with a solution and it works. The GM needs to set their A/V to the Roll20 Beta in their settings. See this thread for exact info:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5948283/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5948283/</a>
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
The suggested work around is to switch to any webrtc, change the size then switch back. The Devs hope to have a fix out tomorrow.
Same issue! Please fix thissssss
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This should be fixed now.