Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hide token from all except 1 player?...

I have a player whose character, when in darkness, is invisible even to those with Darkvision. Is there a way to set the token where only that player and I can see the token? Then switch back again when needed?...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you have access to the API, you can get similar functionality with the Bump Script. Without the API, you could manually add a token which is just a clear png, and set a very small aura on it, then set the aura to only be visible to that player.  You'd need to set the token so that it represents the character. You could set up a Rollable Table Token with the character token and the transparent token, then the player would just need to set their aura on and right click->advanced->choose side to "turn invisble"
The Aaron said: If you have access to the API, you can get similar functionality with the Bump Script. Without the API, you could manually add a token which is just a clear png, and set a very small aura on it, then set the aura to only be visible to that player.  You'd need to set the token so that it represents the character. You could set up a Rollable Table Token with the character token and the transparent token, then the player would just need to set their aura on and right click->advanced->choose side to "turn invisble" Thanks! I don't have API access but was able to make the Tokens. Just to assuage my fears could you tell me the proper settings so only the player and I can see the aura? Is it as simple as not checking the "See" box next to Aura 1?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yup!  If "See" is unchecked, but "Edit" is checked, then the aura should only be visible to the GM and anyone that can control the token.