Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Swear I searched for this; Pathfinder NPCs

Edited 1515958469
I have my token setup, and was able to find the 'creature size' option.  However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the attributes (all 10) or assign equipment.  Any info is appreciated. Edit: For reasons unknown, the 'Base' column of the 'Core' tab is not editable after making a token, only before.  So I have my basic npc sheet for this monster.  Now I have just to figure out some combat & action macros that include equipment modifiers (seems like every single macro tutorial is for 5e).

Edited 1515964725
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds like you are in Compact mode.  Check the "Mode" button at the top of the sheet which toggles between "Expanded" view (best use for full editing) and "Compact" view (best use to only show minimal info) "Now I have just to figure out some combat & action macros that include equipment modifiers" If the monsters are dragged from the compendium the attack/damage adjustments are included automatically in the NPC attacks.  Otherwise, use the equipment section to add weapons and create an attack from equipment.  This will "create" a new attack on the attacks tab.  You can now make further adjustments on the attack tab directly.  Also, use the NPC-Attacks button from the button row (just below the conditions and buffs section at the top of the sheet), to send a chat menu of available attacks.  You can also drag/drop any buttons or rolls from on the sheet to the quickbar.  Saves lot's of time and no need to create custom macros.

Edited 1515967590
Vince said: "If the monsters are dragged from the compendium the attack/damage adjustments are included automatically in the NPC attacks.  Otherwise, use the equipment section to add weapons and create an attack from equipment.  This will "create" a new attack on the attacks tab.  You can now make further adjustments on the attack tab directly.  Also, use the NPC-Attacks button from the button row (just below the conditions and buffs section at the top of the sheet), to send a chat menu of available attacks.  You can also drag/drop any buttons or rolls from on the sheet to the quickbar.  Saves lot's of time and no need to create custom macros." That's what I was looking for.  I found the 'add attack' button from the equipment screen, but didn't realize attacks was a primary tab up above.  While I have you here; Is there a way to keep track of custom equipment?  An armory, if you will (like my beastiary in progress).  I was eyeballing the notecards feature, but haven't explored it yet.  Right now, the best means I have found for adding custom gear is to simply drag a compendium item and then rename and modify it. Edit: Ok last one.  Can someone point me where in the attack (or weapon) page I choose the target's AC?  Pathfinder's BAB system is just different enough to throw me for a loop.

Edited 1515975781
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The way the sheet is set up is to add weapons, armor, gear, etc. from the equipment section first.  Use the "create attack" option on weapons to create attacks(don't forget to make adjustments on the attack page as needed, ie setting damage ability comes to mind), and use "set as armor" and "set as shield"  to add armor and shields to the Defense page for AC calcs. You can add as much gear as you want to a sheet, but if an item is "carried" it will be included in your encumbrance calcs. You do not choose a target's AC.  When you make an attack the attack roll will include all mods/adjustments included on the sheet.  It will also make additional rolls for crit_confirm and crit_damage if the roll is a crit.  The GM compares the attack roll results in chat against the appropriate AC( normal AC, FF, touch, etc.) of the target/enemy and decide if it was a hit and how the damage should be applied.
Hmm.  I suppose I could add a notecard or something that just lists all of the player's AC & major saving throws for easy reference.  Thanks for details :)  Guess I can use a similar notecard stack for tracking equipment & loot.

Edited 1515987717
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can link the 3 token bars to attributes. ie HP and AC are often linked to tokens for easy reference.  Create a handout (GM sheet) that includes characters details.  Make a macro that whispers the current attribute info of a selected token that's linked to a sheet.  Lot's of options.