Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Customisable Roll Listener Critical Hits on the Pathfinder Sheet

Hi Everyone, we're using the Pathfinder Character Sheet by Samuel Marino. I'm now trying to set up CRL with corresponding playlists for our players different attacks. Maybe someone has done something similar and could help me with my questions: How can I differentiate between ranged attacks and melee attacks? Both are using the pf_attack template. I resolved this temporarily by using a textfilter that just matches on "melee" or "ranged". I guess other solutions to this question might resolve similarly around text filters since there aren't much more options and there isn't a separate ranged template for the Pathfinder sheet.  In the above example, how can I differentiate between the four "results": crit/hit/miss/fumble? Could someone provide details on how to build a listener for Melee Crit regarding the pathfinder sheet as an example? How is hit and miss supposed to work? The API script has no knowledge of the difficulty involved. I can see how one could something out for critical hits and fumbles but not for hit/miss. Regards Florian

Edited 1516819159
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, you weren't kidding when you said you use a lot of my scripts. Improvements to crl have been on my list for awhile, but here's the current answers to your questions: Yep, you're doing this correctly. Keep in mind that the script sees the template as you entered it in chat, so you can make much more specific filters by including the roll template field text. I'll have to do this one when I'm not on my phone, I'll post back in a bit. The script reacts to the crit/fumble (i.e. 1d20cs>X and 1d20cf<X) and the count success roll syntax (i.e. 1d20>X, 1d20<X, or 1d20=X). EDIT: Pulled my computer out to give you the details, here's how I'd do a listener for a ranged critical: !crl \\create,name=ranged crit,template=pf_attack,text={{attack1name=Bow && {{attack=##,roll=critical \\!roll20AM ... You would need to have your players follow the naming convention for attack1name in the iterative attacks information and create a listener for each of the iterative attack fields. There is also another way that I might do it, depending on how specific you wanted to get with your sound effects. You could make a separate sound effect trigger for each of your players based on the weapon they are using: !crl \\create,name=ranged crit,template=pf_attack,text={{character_name=Arthang Na'Grum && {{name=+3 Adaptive Orc Hornbow && {{attack=##,roll=critical \\!roll20AM ... As with the above, you'd need to create a listener for each iterative field that might be used. Hope that helps, Scott