Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Anyone have a nice languages macro for the OGL 5e sheets?

I'm looking for something not too complicated that works. Basically what i want is if the player knows the language whisper them what was said if not put gibberish in the chat.
There is a good API for that: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5633578/script-tongues-a-simple-language-script" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5633578/script-tongues-a-simple-language-script</a> Im not aware of any macro that you can use without a pro subscription
the only work around i know would be to create character sheets for each language and set the sheet controllable to each player with it then they can whisper that sheet and have a private text chat. the above API make the process easier.&nbsp;
Why a character sheet? Can't you use handouts instead?
Because you can send messages directly to a character using /w "character name" message &nbsp;but not to a handout
Ok i saw a video on you tube that is two or more years old on how to do that. I was just hoping that somebody found an easier way to do this with the new sheets since then.
So i have been thinking about how to do this and i have some questions. 1) Can i put all the different languages on one player character sheet instead of having one for each? 2) Can you use a rollable table for the gibberish if someone doesn't speak the language and can that also be one table?
1) No because you have to give each player access to a language they can understand. If each language is on one character sheet, then a player with access to that character sheet would understand ALL languages. 2) It depends on what you mean. If it is simply random gibberish, then yes you could put gibberish into a rollable table and you could roll on the table each time you speak in a language. However if you want specific gibberish to be output for a language, then no you would need multiple tables, one for each language
Thanks Kyle! That's what I wanted to know.