Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic lighting areas - how to make them greyed out instead of pure blackness?

[SOLVED] I have been testing dynamic lighting with moderate(meh) success, as seen in picture 1 below.   I recently bought the Hoard if the dragon queen official module for the future, and instead of full blackness where the pcs cant see, the areas are simply greyed out and objects(enemies for one) do not show. I found that way better, but I have no idea how to do it, And in my ignorance, I havent found a post about it. Picture 2 of it below, Thank you in advance for the help.                     
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The behaviour you are describing is the  advanced fog of war . You should be able to apply it to your games (assuming you are the creator or the creator has the relevant subscription level) for the same effect :)
Jesus, for some reason I was sure I tried this and it did not work, just did it again and bam. Seems like I'm an idiot , Ill just leave this here for future idiots and sorry for bothering.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad it worked for you, never a bother to help a soul in need :) Happy rolling!