Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] Linking Bars on Default Tokens

I noticed that the OGL Sheet has this feature in the Game Settings I can't, for the life of me, get it to work though. Those are the values I currently have set, shown above.  As I understand it, I should be able to search for a new NPC (say, Brown Bear), in the compendium, drag it out, and the token that gets created will have its bar values set to the attributes listed above. This doesn't happen. All bars are blank. Is there something I need to enable before this will work? There's no mention of it that I can find in the  wiki documentation but I would love to get this working. Any help?
What browser's have you tried?

Edited 1518389496
Chrome Version 64.0.3282.140 (with and without extensions enabled) Safari Version 11.0.3 Tried in two different games, one pre-existing and one brand new.
Maybe @{npc_ac}, @{hp_max} ?
OldSchoolChris said: Maybe @{npc_ac}, @{hp_max} ? I appreciate the suggestion but this doesn't work. In fact, the values I have written above are how they come by default. I've just moved them to different bars.
I believe that this only works when dragging monsters with tokens from the compendium, such as from the MM.
Kyle G. said: I believe that this only works when dragging monsters with tokens from the compendium, such as from the MM. Can anyone confirm this? Definitely unfortunate if that's the case, especially since the feature mentions creating Default Tokens from the Compendium.
I actually can't reference hp_max on any token, even if it has a value. @{selected|hp_max} on any token returns an empty value.

Edited 1518723216
hrmm I thought I answered in this thread. if this is outside the campaign, in the settings - try "hp" for bar 3 value and "hp_max" for bar 3 max there is no @ or {} 
Nover C. said: hrmm I thought I answered in this thread. if this is outside the campaign, in the settings - try "hp" for bar 3 value and "hp_max" for bar 3 max there is no @ or {}  Please see my initial screenshot. I used "hp_max" in the Game Settings. The @{selected|hp_max} is in-game, and likely a separate issue.
@{selected|hp_max} Doesn't work because it is considered a maximum value on an attribute. So to reference the attribute you instead need to use @{selected|hp|max}
Kyle G. said: @{selected|hp_max} Doesn't work because it is considered a maximum value on an attribute. So to reference the attribute you instead need to use @{selected|hp|max} THANK YOU. Everywhere I looked I saw references to "x_max" but that works!
I have the same issue as the OP. I tried multiple varieties listed above but not quite getting it. in the campaign settings page i have tried the following (as well as a few others): bar 1 link @{selected|npc_speed}, bar 2 link @{selected|npc_ac}, bar 3 value @{selected|hp}, bar 3 max @{selected|hp|max} bar 1 link npc_speed, bar 2 link npc_ac, bar 3 value hp, bar 3 max hp|max