Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Lost Folders in the ART LIBRARY, how can I get them back?

I was getting ready for my Saturday game (KNORDIA II)) and I was working in the Art Library. I uploaded a few tokens and was moving them to the Tokens folder in My Library which has several sub-folders in it.  I was moving tokens and suddenly noticed my Token directory was missing.  I looked for it in in all the other folders (in case I moved it accidentally) but could not find it.  I don't remember seeing the delete warning prior to losing the folder.  OK I thought, lets check my other games to see if it was their (since I think the Art Library is the same across all games) but it was missing their too.  So now I start to panic a little.  I mean I could probably rebuild the folder from scratch but it would take a loooong time.  So as much as I hate to do it I did a roll back to 02/16/2018 and after that was completed I checked and the folder was still missing.  So now I'm trying to rebuild my TOKENS folder called TOKENS NEW , which I use a lot in my game and of course it's taking a while (it will probably take weeks).  I then suddenly realize that two other folders seem to be missing as well (my MAPS and WORKING folders)  I can see them in the separate pop-up window when I bring up My Library  but I can no longer see them in the right hand panel and both folders appear to be empty now.  The MAPS & TOKEN folders I'm more concerned about then the WORKING one.  I've included a screen shot of the issue.  It seems like a bug to me and I need these folders back to how they were yesterday (02/16/2018).  Can anyone do anything to correct this problem and get my folders back.  I'm looking at canceling all my weekend games because of this issue.   I'm a long time user of Roll20 and enjoy it very much I have about 10 players and want to keep them happy.  I realize it's possible I could have done something to lose one of these folders, but not three of them.  I've been using Roll20 for too long to make that many mistakes at once (i hope). Any help would be greatly appreciated. DM John Bartoli   
I also seem to be missing a folder on the Journals page which had some handouts I organized for this weekends games.  The folder was called either TEMP or NOTES (can't remember).  It is a recent folder from yesterday, so might have been lost when I did the roll back.  I can probably redo that one as well but if others are having the same issue it a problem that needs to be fixed or I'm going to have to shop for a new VTT option (not necessarily VTT though as it's still in beta).  Had to cancel today's and Sunday's game. Again, any help would be appreciated  Welcome to my Table. DM John Bartoli
Also, looks like someone might be working on the issue because I have my MAP and WORKING folders in My Library are back although the tokens in those folders are missing still. Welcome o my Table. DM John Bartoli
I seem to have my the MAP and WORKING folders (with all or at least most of the maps and tokens restored) in my Art Library back, but still missing the TOKENS folder in the Art Library and the NOTES folder on the Journal page. I haven't heard anything from Roll20 Dev's yet on this issue, so I'm or sure if they did anything or if two of the four missing folders got repaired by themselves. I'd really like to hear something on this issue from them, even if it's just a "Sorry we are busy, but will get to you as soon as possible" message. Welcome to my "Broken" Table. DM John Bartoli
Hi John, Sorry to hear you are having troubles. A few questions for you: 1) Do you often use the ( <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/library" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/library</a>) link to manipulate your library? There are a few issues that can arise when using the web link like what you have described. We fully recommend that users stick to using the in-app version to avoid such issues. 2) Are you able to use the search function to locate the lost tokens?

Edited 1519076481
To Dev's, I probably haven't given you enough information to troubleshot this so I'll provide it now based on the events and brower setup on 02/17/2018 when the problem occurred. Browser: Firefox &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ver. 58.0.2 (64-bit) (Primary Browser) Browser: Chrome&nbsp;&nbsp; ver. 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build 64-bit) (Backup & Player Testing Browser) For Firefox browser Anti Virus: McAfee WebAdvisor ver. 6.0.0.119 Java:&nbsp; JavaScript Toggle On and Off ver. 2.2.0 Other Addons/Extensions: None (all disabled when the problem occurred). For Chrome browser Anti Virus: McAfee WebAdvisor ver. 5.1.0.633 Java: None (disabled by Chrome) Other Addons/Extensions: None (all disabled when it was user to troubleshoot the issue). OS:&nbsp; Windows 7 Home Ed. (64 bit) fully updated version. Problem: on 02/17/2018 around 6:00 AM EST I was working on my Token library in the Art Library tab.&nbsp; I sudden noticed my TOKEN Folder was missing.&nbsp; I did the following to try to retrieve it. Bug Triage Results As stated in my initial post my post above, this just happened while working on my game on Saturday.&nbsp; I have no intention of trying to duplicate the problem as I don't want to lose any additional folder.&nbsp; I did the following steps to try to retrieve my missing folder. 1.&nbsp; I looked through all my existing folders in My Library to see if I had moved the file there by mistake and did not find them. 2.&nbsp; Cleared cache and checked that all addons/extensions were disabled (except for my antivirus and Java). 4.&nbsp; Restarted my browser (Firefox) and also check with my Chrome browser to see if the folder reappeared but it was still missing. 5.&nbsp; I also checked my other backup games for this campaign and still did not find the folder (I think the Art Library is the same across all games which is really not a good idea from a back up point of view). 6.&nbsp; I rolled back my game to 02/16/2018 and the folder was still missing.&nbsp; 7. I did not try to duplicate the problem in anyway because I don't want to lose any other folders. However, during my troubleshooting I lost access to my MAP and WORKING folders in My Library and was able to see them in the popup window but not in the right side bar (see screenshot in OP). 8. later that day I also noticed a NOTES folder was missing from my Journal page, which I use to store and organize handouts and character sheets for upcoming games.&nbsp; Now since this is a relatively new folder (I think I created it on 02/15/2018 but I am not sure)&nbsp; it is possible it got removed because of the rollback I did in step 6 above.&nbsp; Still later I noticed that the my MAP and WORKING folders had returned but did not have any tokens or maps in them, these maps and tokens slowly returned during the next 24 hours. &nbsp; Log File.&nbsp; None available.&nbsp; I'm sorry I did not think to check the console log for information.&nbsp; I'll try to keep this option in mind going forward, but since restarting your browser is a normal (knee-jerk) reaction to these types of problems, it only seems practical when your trying to repeat a reoccurring&nbsp; problem.&nbsp; It seems to me keeping a server side log file for each user actions in game (even if it only includes file manipulations or deletion) would make trouble shooting these issues easier.&nbsp; This way you don't only have to rely on the troubleshooting of the user to do initial triage of an issue and would probably make fixing or at least identifying the issues easier, this is not to criticize, but to make a suggestion as I do understand you guys get over worked sometimes. &nbsp; Supplemental Information:&nbsp; See the picture in the OP. Welcome to my Table. DM John Bartoli

Edited 1519056243
Drespar, Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. 1. No I never use that link at all.&nbsp; I just work on these things on my game page.&nbsp; I actually just tried that link and it showed Page Not Found. 2. Yes I did try the search bar in the Art Library and could not find it.&nbsp; I know how things get lost sometimes when you working on things so I usually just do it out of habit and make sure it's empty when I'm missing some thing on a page. DM John Bartoli
Drespar - Sorry for all the edits to my 02/19/2018 10:44 AM post.&nbsp; I wanted to make it readable and grammar and spelling are not my strongest suits. DM John Bartoli
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
John B, I looked into your library folders and found two different Tokens folders both that had been corrupted and nested inside sub folders of themselves. Both of them were inside a monsters folder that they were the parent of. I'm having trouble imagining how this could have happened once, let alone twice, except through a bad interaction with an API script. I fixed both and dropped them on the root level. Let me know if you're still having issues.

Edited 1519232809
Thank you so much.&nbsp; I wasn't using any scripts, just manually working on tokens and maps.&nbsp; and I don't remember ever doing anything even close to that.&nbsp; I'm not saying I couldn't have made a mistake, but this doesn't sound like anything that I could do manually.&nbsp; I would think you couldn't nest a folder inside a folder it's a parent of. Well I checked the two folders you recovered and they both appear to have my missing tokens and maps and each TOKEN folder has the exact same content (I'll verify to be sure).&nbsp; Thanks again for everything.&nbsp; I don't know if I caused this but you can be sure I'll be very careful in the future. Welcome to my (Fixed) Table. DM John Bartoli