Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Issue

So I have spent some time setting up some dynamic lighting on the Feathergale Spire for PotA (... wish this was released already hehe) and it's not work.  I have laid out the lines, turned on Dynamic Lighting and Restrict Movement and Global illumination (same as I used on Lost Mines) and it's not working. Now, when I turn on Enforce line of sight SOME of the lines are working but not all of them.  IDK what is going on.  Any suggestions?  Also, one of my DL lines is actually and elipse idk if that matters.
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Joshua! Are all of your lines definitely on the Dynamic Lighting Layer (double check that)? How did you create the elipse shaped line? Last, what happens if you give a Token "has sight" and select that token and press Control-L (a way to test the dynamic light view when you are logged in as GM). Some of these questions might help diagnose the issue.  If not then we will continue with the usual troubleshooting steps, and the thread is open for others to respond.
So yeah, token 'has sight', and yes all lines were drawn on the Dynamic Lighting Layer ANNNND... they were all done with the draw shape tool.  Looking back now... I am wondering if it only works with Polylines.... If so, that's a shame as the shapes are super useful, IE ellipse.
Gold
Forum Champion
Right, Joshua, the Polygon tool works best for the Dynamic Lighting layer. The freehand drawing tool is normally disabled when you're on the DL layer to emphasize this. You can use the shapes tool, of which the rectangular shape works best. Wiki docs for this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting#How_to_Ad" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting#How_to_Ad</a>... There is a community-created API Script available since you have a Pro subscription, that can simulate curves and curved shapes (converting it into polygon-lines). Ask around on the API sub-forum for that.