Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Its me again needing macro help pathfinder sheet

So ive bungled this up something fierce got a spell that does 1d6 damage per 2 caster levels maxing out at 5d6 my macro: Damage [[ [[ {@{spellclass-0-level}/2,5}kl1 ]]d6 ]] only returns ever damage 1.5 help please X.x thanks in advance
I believe you want something like this: [[ ( {@{spellclass-0-level}/2,5}kl1 )d6 ]] iirc you can not have an inline roll inside another inline roll, so what was messing it up was the second set of [[ ]] At least as far as I can see [and I'm no expert :D]
Tried it and nope it still is locked at 1.5 thanks though for trying :D

Edited 1519542684
I tested the macro out and it seems to be working as intended. I made a game with the PF sheet, checked the 'casts spells' box then went to the 'Spells' tab and set 'Base Level' [in between 'Class Name' and 'Buff', top left hand corner] Then I pasted the macro into the character's 'Attributes and Abilities' tab [in the macro section] and rolled the macro. I tried it at lv 6, 10 and 20 and each time it returned the proper roll [it limited the number of rolled die and returned something other than 1.5] I'm not sure what went wrong but I think it may be an issue with how the sheet is filled in as apposed to an issue with the macro, also if you are pasting this into the chat box you will need to specify the character's name before the stat call like so:  [[ [[ {@{Leupag Aogad|spellclass-0-level}/2,5}kl1 ]]d6 ]] [of course replacing "Leupag Aogad" with your character's name]
Oh no i have it directly in the spell description it works for other things like shocking grasp uses this macro. [[ [[ {@{spellclass-0-level},5}kl1 ]]d6 ]] and it works wonders but trying to do it for a lvl 3 bard on a spell thats 1d6 every 2 levels is breaking it 
Ah, what you need is a floor() argument like so: [[ [[ floor( {@{spellclass-0-level}/2,5}kl1) ]]d6 ]]
That fixed it! Thank you so much 
Np, glad I could help out, happy gaming
Lewis, take a look at <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros/Pathfinder_Examples" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros/Pathfinder_Examples</a>... While the whole thing isn't needed, there's lots of techniques for making different spells work at weird levels.
thanks for that mark ill take a looksie