Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rusty - Looking to set up some attack macros (5e)

Hello there! I have not had macros or API for Roll20 in a long time. I am in a couple games that have a Pro DM.  trying to set up some attack templates/macros. Most of what I am finding is a couple years old and doesn't work anymore. To start, here is what I am wondering: 1. Is there an index of commands somewhere? 2. What templates are available? The &{template:default} works. Are there others? 3. What is the command to roll crit damage on a crit? 4. How do I change the crit range? Thanks in advance everyone!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
1. Most of the Macro documentation can be found in the  Wiki , primarily  here and  here . 2. The default template works everywhere. All other templates are provided by whichever sheet you use (assuming that it has a custom template). 3. This is sheet dependent, but is usually built in to roll macros created by the sheet. 4. Again, sheet dependent. It is possible you can do some of these things with generic macros, but the easiest thing to do is to pick a robust sheet for your system, and let it do the heavy lifting for you. Finally, although you are in games with Pro subscription DMs, your ability to use API commands may be severely limited, depending on which scripts are being invoked. Many of them have options to restrict some or all commands to be issued only by a GM. Consult your individual GM to see what might be available, since everyone's blend will be different. If you post which games you are interested in running, someone can make recommendations. If you are in an existing game, you will need to find out which sheet the GM has set it up with, since you cannot mix sheets in one campaign.
Yeah, I don't like the way the 5e OGL output looks. I was trying to change it, but it looks like there would be way too much time spent trying to get the default roll template up to snuff.  Thank you though!
I have played around with things and figured out most of what I wanted to do. The one thing I am looking for an answer on is how to affect the output on a critical success within a macro. I get that this is already built into the sheet. Is there a way to use part of the code from the sheet? Or is it a combination of HTML and CSS that wouldn't work in a macro? To further elaborate, in D&D 5e all your damage dice are doubled on a critical success. There are numerous abilities that can give you additional/different damage dice. For example, a rogue has Sneak Attack with grants him an extra d6 damage dice in certain situations. Right now the two options for rolling Sneak Attack on a crit are: 1. Roll it manually whenever it applies, 2. Add a permanent line in the macro.
Just bumping