Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Storm King's Thunder Official Bug Thread 1.8

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Here is the new thread to report on Storm King’s Thunder bugs as of Patch 1.6 Patch notes follow below As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know in this thread Mel, your Roll20 Production Coordinator NPC Corrections All Giant NPCs Giant NPC sheets have had their +6 Stealth bonus removed. Wight The Wight's sheet Damage Resistances and Condition Immunity have been updated. "necrotic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren’t silvered" has been placed under Damage Resistances. "exhaustion, poisoned" has been updated on Condition Immunity. Mummy Lord Damage Immunities have been updated to correct text - "necrotic, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks" Map Corrections One Stone Tribal Warrior tokens have been resized for ease of use. Uthgardt Shaman has been correctly placed instead of Uthgardt Barbarian Leader Goldenfields Ogres with Goblin Huckers tokens have been corrected to link to the correct Journal Entry. Grudd Haug Lower Boars have been added to the GM Layer in their cages in Area 11 Eye of the All Father Dynamic Lighting has been updated to include the spider cave tunnels. Iymirth's Lair 1 This map has had its grid unit correctly updated to 10’ per square. Yakfolk Village Imberu and Nahala have had their tokens updated to correctly reflect their HP. Handout Corrections Credits Handout Credits Handout updated with fixed formatting and team corrections. Great Worm Cavern Handout Handout now correctly links to “young remorhazes”.
Uthgardt Shaman in Eye of the All-Farther says 450450xp
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Good news: It's patch day! As always a full patch list is included in your module, but here's the rundown as well. Storm King's Thunder Token Adjustments: The following tokens have had their default states updated when dragged out of the Journal. Stone Giant of Deadstone Cleft token is now Huge. Adult White Dragon is now Huge, and has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Air Elemental with coin token is now Huge, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Cambion token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Ice Spider Queen token is now Large. Stone Giant Statue token now Huge. Succubus token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Yakfolk Priest token now has 52 HP. Felbarren Dwarf token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Sea Elves token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Wood Elves token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Elister token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Great Chief Halric Bonesnapper token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Jasper Dimmerchasm token now has nameplate enabled, and has vision attached. Narbeck Horn token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Noori token now has no Name/HP/vision attached. Orok token now has nameplate disabled, and has vision attached. The Weevil token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Turlang token size is Huge, and has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Wiri Feagol token now has Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Uthgardt Shaman has had its XP adjusted to the correct amount. The following entries have been updated with their stat blocks as per the Monster Manual. The old entries have been retained for users who may have them linked. Feel free to delete the old entries at your discretion. The Credits page has also been updated to reflect these token changes. Half-Ogre Giant Goat Goat Pig Sheep Happy gaming!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Note for myself to fix in the next patch: In the Great Worm Cavern (located in Chapter 3), under the section "Altar", it talks about a couatl who asks the players to seek out the leader of the Great Worm tribe, an evil man named Wormblod. Near the end, it says "If the characters present proof of Wormblod’s death as an offering to the altar, see “Development.”" Except, there's no "Development" section. Is this missing from the original material or...? See the handout "Eye of the All-Father" under "Chapter 4: The Chosen Path" at the end of part 4.
Mel said: Note for myself to fix in the next patch: In the Great Worm Cavern (located in Chapter 3), under the section "Altar", it talks about a couatl who asks the players to seek out the leader of the Great Worm tribe, an evil man named Wormblod. Near the end, it says "If the characters present proof of Wormblod’s death as an offering to the altar, see “Development.”" Except, there's no "Development" section. Is this missing from the original material or...? See the handout "Eye of the All-Father" under "Chapter 4: The Chosen Path" at the end of part 4. Mel - I just finished SKT (thanks Roll20!!), and I ran into this issue as well.  I have the print version of SKT and can confirm there's no "Development" section for Great Worm Cavern.  This was mentioned in a podcast (Down with D&D, I think?) as an oversight they also noticed.  There is information under "Development" in Area 4 of Chapter 4, as you point out above.  There is also similar information in the second paragraph of the Treasure section under Great Worm Cavern.  I chalk this up to an editing error at WoTC, and would link one, or both, of those areas -- Development in Area 4 of Chapter 4 as well as Treasure in the Great Worm Cavern portion. Thanks for a great product -- looking forward to ToA!!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Note to myself for a future patch: Map of the North is a valuable asset to my players as they are determining where to go during out game. The problem is, that map contains a LOT of spoilers. Places the oracle leads them to, Eye of the All Father, The Maelstrom, etc. I would really love a map, where these labels are hidden on the GM layer, and I can reveal them as they are discovered. Or even as a simple measure, provide a PC friendly version of the map, and at a minimum I could annotate it as they progress.
My game is in 4 hours, the big showdown on the Morkoth might happen, which has at least 2 spellcasting NPCs with long lists of spells, and the OGL update means I am going to need to scramble to reassemble them according to text in the module. Really hoping future OGL sheet updates come with updates for the WOTC modules alongside, because this is a big issue for me.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
While we are looking into the 2.0 OGL Character sheets: All NPC spellcasting information should be located in their statblock. So while the spells currently are not set up in the levels and clickable, all the information necessary is still available on each character. Thank you for your patience while we get these updated!
Mel said: Note to myself for a future patch: Map of the North is a valuable asset to my players as they are determining where to go during out game. The problem is, that map contains a LOT of spoilers. Places the oracle leads them to, Eye of the All Father, The Maelstrom, etc. I would really love a map, where these labels are hidden on the GM layer, and I can reveal them as they are discovered. Or even as a simple measure, provide a PC friendly version of the map, and at a minimum I could annotate it as they progress. I very much agree, Mel! A spoiler-free Map of the North would be a fabulous improvement, for which I (for one) would be grateful.
The Yakfolk Warrior Character Sheet does not contain the correct Hit Points information. It's listed as 60 (8d10 + 2) and it should be 60 (8d10 + 16). This causes randomizing the health of the NPCs to be extremely low.
For a small report I noticed that most of the Dragons's bite attacks are wrong. Namely in that they don't deal the Elemental damage they are also supposed to do. Iymirth for example does not have her extra lightning damage on her bite. 

Edited 1513561351
Found another glitch. When I went into the options for spells like Lightning Bolt and Fireball to change the option that makes it so that spell descriptions are included in the macro it stops working. Even when you change it back to don't include the spell descriptions it still does not work.  No clue if this is just for Storm King or an issue for the sheets as a whole. Edit:It appears to only be on Storm King. 
Unknown if this is intentional, but all rolls from NPC tokens (Like the goblins or whatever) whispers its rolls to the DM, this is counter to how Tomb of Annihalation does it, is there a way to fix this? In the game settings I have it set to never whisper rolls, but it does for those sheets anyway.
Brandon B. said: Unknown if this is intentional, but all rolls from NPC tokens (Like the goblins or whatever) whispers its rolls to the DM, this is counter to how Tomb of Annihalation does it, is there a way to fix this? In the game settings I have it set to never whisper rolls, but it does for those sheets anyway. You might be able to go into the token's macros and edit them individually... Before I got this module, I was inputting them personally and could use coding where I specifically wanted the rolls whispered. Im sure the opposite works too.
When ever I load one of the giant chiefs maps, it's slooooow. I've never encountered this before in my other modules or other skt maps. 
Attacks and special abilities not populating on many creatures' stat blocks. I have a spinning wheel on most of these but it's not updating. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6097179/small-forgotten-thing-in-wotc-skt/?pageforid=6099731#post-6099731" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6097179/small-forgotten-thing-in-wotc-skt/?pageforid=6099731#post-6099731</a> - Missing map tile on Goldenfields
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Silversmith - Are you using the 5E OGL sheet officially supported by the module? Community sheets may not convert NPC's correctly, resulting in this issue.&nbsp;
Sorry, this is for the 1.8 update. I had previously put a new post just yesterday titled Storm King's Thunder 1.8.&nbsp; I believe I'm using the a different 5e sheet (can't remember the exact one) but I thought that was just for the Characters. Nonetheless, I tried to 5E OGL and it didn't work. I did notice that any NPC or creatures previously opened before the update are fine but the others that haven't been are not.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
SIlversmith - When converting to a different sheet (I'm assuming you are using the Shaped Sheet?), many attributes are changed. Additionally, the module process updates attributes linked to the 5E OGL sheet. There is currently no way to reset the attributes in a game to the 5E OGL.&nbsp; I recommend remaking your Storm King's Thunder game, as that will give you a clean slate for the 5E Sheet. There may be an additional solution: rollback your game to before the patch, and manually try to update. If you'd like to try that, let me know and I'll escalate.
I had the shaped sheet all along since I purchased the game. Is there an easy way to update this? In other words, if I remake it is there a way my players can keep their Character info? Or is their a way to remake it while keeping my current game so I can update theirs for them?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Silversmith - Modules have access to the Character Vault. For more information, check out the wiki here - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a> We recommend you switch to OGL on your current game, save the character sheets into the Vault. Then create a new game and use the vault to transfer the characters to the new OGL game.&nbsp;
Sorry for any confusion. Can I create a new game and still have the old one in case the Characters don't transfer correctly?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Sure, you can keep both games open! :)
Thanks! I had to create a new game and import the Characters. It fixed the NPC's and creatures' issues relating to attacks, spells and special abilities but I had to re enter all of the Player Character info. I appreciate all your help though.&nbsp;
Hello, I have been running a SKT campaign for the last 5 months or so using the Shaped Character Sheet and all has been going marvellously well. Then, a few weeks ago (hard to say exactly how many, I'd guess 3) I found that opening new NPC/Monster sheets stopped working correctly. More specifically - the Bio & Info and Attributes work correctly, however trying to open the Character Sheet tab shows "Processing convertFromOGL" for a long time (I gave up waiting after 15 minutes). If I move from the sheet this appears to stay in perpetuity, if i close it the sheet is not correctly processed. I have not made any setting changes and have not actively made any changes to the Shaped Sheet or Module version. All the NPC/Monster sheets I had opened previous to this time are there and working correctly. Unfortunately I have made many modifications to the campaign over time so a simple "backup and re-import characters" approach would be a big problem. Any suggestions or ideas?&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Francesco - You may wish to bring this issue into the Shaped Sheet thread, as that sheet is not officially supported by the module.&nbsp;
Thanks Trivia, will try.
Quick question (excuse my ignorance), how can I confirm the version actually in my campaign? I suspect it isn't the latest (will check based on the question above)... if not, how do I force an update?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Francesco, I'll escalate and make sure that your game was updated.&nbsp;

Edited 1520447330
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Francesco - So it looks like your SKT game is a copy of a module. Copied games do not flag to patch. I recommend creating a new game of Storm King's Thunder and Transmogrifying in anything you need from this copy, as you are a Pro subscriber! :) EDIT: Francesco - We were able to update this game so it should be flagged to patch now. Let me know if there's any issues :)
Thanks I can see the option to upgrade now. Quick check... if I update will it try to overwrite all of the NPC sheets or just the changed ones (As I use Shaped I wouldn't want to have to re-convert everything)?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It will update the attributes of any characters affected. I am not sure how that will affect the Shaped Sheet unfortunately. You could make a copy of this game (we updated it on the back end so it should patch successfully in the future), just to make sure you have a backup, just in case.
So I just came back after a long break, and like a dummy I forgot to backup or copy my game before updating. Approximately 2/3 of my maps have disappeared after update as well as many journal items. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance

Edited 1522080862
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Wick said: So I just came back after a long break, and like a dummy I forgot to backup or copy my game before updating. Approximately 2/3 of my maps have disappeared after update as well as many journal items. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance Hi Wick, Sincerest apologies to see the patch has caused such a disaster!&nbsp; This is a very unusual bug, so I'll be investigating it manually.&nbsp; In the meantime, if you are able to rollback your game to before performing the patch, that will restore everything to its prior state.&nbsp; After you do this, I'm going to have to do some modifications on the backend to get to the root of the problem, and hopefully will be able to provide a solution.&nbsp; This may cause the update prompt to come back again--I'd advise not clicking it this time around for now until I can further diagnose your issue. Let me know if the rollback fails or you have any other issues in the meantime. Thanks, Jeff

Edited 1522666092
Iymrith is missing the extra lightning damage on her Bite attack that Ancient Blue Dragons usually have. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Ancient%20Blue%20Dragon" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Ancient%20Blue%20Dragon</a>
Hello, after the last patch (1.8) the following thing started to happen in my SKT game. Every time I launch the game (as a GM) two extra "Characters" appear in my "Journal" (at the bottom): Goat and Giant Goat - with empty character sheets, no tokens or any other descriptions. Besides these newly generated ones I also have the standard ones for these two monsters with stats and tokens (in a separate monster folder as prepared by your team). However, even when I delete the newly generated empty ones, the next time I launch the game they appear again. It is not a huge issue, but do you have any tips how to solve it?&nbsp; Thanks
PJ said: Hello, after the last patch (1.8) the following thing started to happen in my SKT game. Every time I launch the game (as a GM) two extra "Characters" appear in my "Journal" (at the bottom): Goat and Giant Goat - with empty character sheets, no tokens or any other descriptions. Besides these newly generated ones I also have the standard ones for these two monsters with stats and tokens (in a separate monster folder as prepared by your team). However, even when I delete the newly generated empty ones, the next time I launch the game they appear again. It is not a huge issue, but do you have any tips how to solve it?&nbsp; Thanks Hi PJ, This is a minor bug in the patching process that is occasionally happening due to our current method of getting rid of extra data that should be discarded after the patch is complete.&nbsp; A fix is on the way, but for now I've manually fixed the game I think is your primary one; you should no longer see any extra Goats :).&nbsp; (If this was the incorrect game, feel free to PM me the link to the game details page and I will fix that game.) Sorry for the inconvenience! Jeff
Hello, I DM for a group where one of the PC's are not able to attack, roll initiative, etc. It doesn't work if I try it as well. All other characters are working fine. Here is what the message says.&nbsp; TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined. Any ideas? I can provide more info if necessary but figured this may be an easy fix.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Silversmith - Are you still using the Shaped sheet? If so, you may want to bring that to the appropriate sheet forum, as this appears to be a sheet issue instead of a module issue.&nbsp;
No, I converted to the OGL sheets back when I had the other technical issue and add to add a new game.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ah, then that is the issue! The Shaped Sheet does not transfer back to the OGL sheet well. I recommend remaking the characters with new character sheets so they are fresh for the modules.&nbsp;
I explained that incorrectly. I did remake the Characters from scratch when I added the new game again.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Silversmith - On it! I see the character with the issue and I'm escalating to see what's happened.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Silversmith - Character names cannot use { or } as those are used in the dice roller syntax. That's why all the other characters were working fine :)
Chris said: Mel said: Note to myself for a future patch: Map of the North is a valuable asset to my players as they are determining where to go during out game. The problem is, that map contains a LOT of spoilers. Places the oracle leads them to, Eye of the All Father, The Maelstrom, etc. I would really love a map, where these labels are hidden on the GM layer, and I can reveal them as they are discovered. Or even as a simple measure, provide a PC friendly version of the map, and at a minimum I could annotate it as they progress. I very much agree, Mel! A spoiler-free Map of the North would be a fabulous improvement, for which I (for one) would be grateful. Just out of curiosity, how is this coming along? I've been running the campaign and LOVE it, it's perfect except this. The player map of the north is good, but having the names on the GM layer would be excellent! Thanks for all of your hard work!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Gorgonic - The large players map is the only one that will be added to the SKT game. As we only have book assets, which are flattened, there is not a way to add in the map keys efficiently. I had to personally paint over the entire map to remove the GM only info, and it took days.&nbsp; GM's are free to add in their own notes to the large player map, however, referencing the GM only map given in the module :)
Alright, thank you for your reply!