Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Templates and sizes

Edited 1520463914
This thread might not belong here. If not, I apologize. I'm looking at creating some generic templates for various AoE effects. Like not super fancy. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting cycles. Is there anywhere this list all of the sizes these come in? When I'm done, I'm happy to make these available to anyone. They're created at 70 dpi / square. Meaning when you drop them onto the grid (with the exception of the massive 60' radius, which is why I'm asking this question) they are already sized appropriately. I created these with a 30% transparency on the squares in white. So the colors are defined by using the tint on the token.
you can actually simply create the Circle if you want using something like GIMP and then use the Fill Tool, then the Fuzzy select Tool to select everything outside the Circle, Invert Selection, Cut, Paste onto a Transparent Background. if you do a ~25% Visibility (color(255, 255, 255, 189) or color(255, 255, 255, 63) I'm not sure which) then if you Tint the Effect Token you will get the appropriate Coloring, a 25% obfuscation (meaning the players can see through it), and you don't need to go around squaring a Circle. Another reason for using the Circle as an actual Circle is that you can have players partially inside the Circle, simply because they don't always use the Snap to Grid feature. Put simply, you're over thinking it, just make a 25% visible white Circle that's 70x70 at 70 dpi, it'll be fine.I personally grabbed a copy of a Druid Circle and use it for Ritual Spell Traps :P